The Intelligence & Security Sector (I&S) is seeking a Chief Engineer responsible for leading the development of innovative, compelling solutions for IT infrastructure engineering and sustainment opportunities being pursued by our Global IT Business Area. This position, located in McLean, Virginia, will report directly to the Vice President/General Manager of Global IT Solutions (GITS) with engineering responsibilities to the Sector Chief Technology Officer.
As the business area Engineering Authority, the Chief Engineer of Global IT Solution has six primary areas of responsibility:
- Serve as the technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) for acquisitions conducted by our customers across the Intel, Defense, and Civilian markets covering both enterprise-wide as well as point solutions for full life-cycle engineering and sustainment requirements.
- The Chief Engineer will ensure all programs within GITS are performing under the BAE Systems Life Cycle Management (LCM) processes.
- Serve as the engineering lead in the start-up or transition of programs from award to execution.
- Assist programs who have become distressed from poor execution or to insert innovations to advance the programs and business.
- Foster innovation and capability development throughout the business with responsibility to develop the investment roadmaps.
- Engage with I&S University to foster business area engagement in continued learning as well as the development of career pathways and targeted education.
- The Chief Engineer will apply industry and BAE Systems best practices coupled with innovative cutting and/or bleeding edge advancements.
Minimum Education and Experience Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or another technically related field. Required Skills and Education
- Experience leading architecture of enterprise IT infrastructure engineering and sustainment solutions , collaborating across organizations, developing and presenting technical papers.
- Knowledge and understanding of cloud based infrastructure, including provisioning, operations, and maintenance.
- Knowledge and understanding of Disaster Recovery techniques and the requirements associated with data stability.
- Knowledge and understanding of domain networks and architectures.
- Experience leading and supporting proposal efforts, as well as technical volume lead.
- Ability to lead diverse matrixed team comprised of technical specialists.
- Knowledge and understanding of mission challenges and issues confronting customers in the IC, Defense, and Civilian business areas.
- Knowledge of JIE, DoD ITE, IC ITE, FedRAMP and key cloud and IT modernization efforts.
- Federal contracting and procurement knowledge, with specific understanding of Shipley.
- Expertise in enterprise architecture frameworks (e.g., DoDAF).
- IT specific domain knowledge, including (i) ITIL; (ii) End user computing; (iii) Network engineering; (iv) Enterprise IT infrastructure; and (v) agile development.
- Expertise with systems engineering processes.
- Lifecycle cost modeling and decision support methodologies.
- Ability to communicate at the most senior levels of government corporate management.
- Minimum of 15+ years experience, including 10 + years of IT experience.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or another technically related field.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top