See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we're more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless. In Survivability, Targeting & Sensing Solutions, we provide affordable and highly accurate precision-guided munitions, helmet-mounted and head-up displays for fighter aircrafts, and advanced electro-optical/laser technology that detect and defeat threats to air and ground platforms.
BAE Systems' Survivability, Targeting and Sensing Solutions (STS) Business Area has an immediate opening for a Chief Engineer in the Precision Guidance and Sensing Solutions (PGSS) Product Line. This position is a key technical leadership role within the product line and requires in-depth knowledge and expertise in systems architecture and solutions for next generation precision guided munitions. As the Chief Engineer you will help champion the technical direction of the product line and apply BAE Systems' broad technology base to solve complex projects. Candidates must be able to clearly understand the requirements of the customer and translate them into the right technical solution. The position can be located in Huntsville, AL or Hudson, NH.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Active Secret clearance is required.
- Experience in Architecting Solutions for Missile Systems and Guided Projectiles.
- Experience in the area of systems engineering and/or applications engineering.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership and other engineering disciplines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customer and user community.
- Developing requirements in response to customer operational needs and maturing operational concepts.
- Developing briefings, white papers, and analysis to support the business capture.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing affordable solutions.
- Experience Supporting capture activities.
- Experience in development activities trying to find the best value solutions for our customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; a highly motivated self-starter.
- Master's Degree and 15 years of experience in guided weapons development.
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- 15+ years of experience, Weapons Systems Design, Missile Systems Design, or Weapons Systems Performance Analysis.
- 15+ years of demonstrated experience in the area of systems engineering and applications engineering.
- 15+ years of experience in technology development in precision targeting and guidance system.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top