CEMA Quality Manager II
- Nashua, NH
Countermeasure & Electromagnetic Attack Solutions (CEMA) has technology, engineering and program teams that educate and mentor colleagues to deliver leading Electronic Warfare capabilities. We welcome all those who have big ideas, crave innovation, want to drive fielding velocity and have the passion to bring the warfighter home safe. CEMA is looking for an experienced quality professional leader who would be excited to join a leading top tier global aerospace and defense enterprise. This individual would join a team of quality professionals at our Nashua, NH location (about one hour from Boston, MA).
The role is responsible for the effective performance of Product Line Quality (quality assurance, continuous process improvement, and lifecycle management) technology, applications, process, and people resources. In this position you will work closely with Product Line Managers, other Program Quality Professionals and BAE Systems counterparts to provide value-added solutions in concert with Zero Defect plans and support toward achieving near term goals, longer term strategic objectives, and compliance to federal, state and local statutes.
Primary duties include:
1. Provide direction, supervision, and guidance to ensure alignment with customer requirements, quality policy, program execution, strategic objectives and organizational goals for both internal and supplier items. (With a Strong emphasis on Zero Defect plans and strategy)
2. Collaborate with senior management for planning, execution, and management of process improvements, projects of special interest, and Product Line or Business Area related initiatives.
3. Manage compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and minimize risk to employees and liability to the Product Line and Business Area.
4. Provide input to policies and procedures in lifecycle management, customer satisfaction, quality, and process improvement.
5. Lead quality product line teams to determine strategy and tactical deployment, improve performance using Six Sigma tools, lower costs, and generate innovative solutions within the Product Line and Business Area.
6. Interface with internal and external customers on root cause and corrective actions.
Required Skills and Education
Self-starting problem solver with a fact based focus on continuous improvement, and a demonstrated history of leadership
- Experience with the review and approval of FAIRs based on AS9102 industry standard
- Strong understanding of 8D (or equivalent) problem solving methodology
- Experience operating in an ISO9001/AS9100 Quality Management Systems environment
- Audit experience
- Experience collaborating with internal and external customers
- Applicant must have an active Secret clearance at time of submission
- Certification and experience with IPC-A-610, J-STD-001, IPC-A-600, MIL-STD-883 methods 2010, 2017, 2032, MIL-STD-750
- TipQA and Oracle experience
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- APQP Experience
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top