Communications-Computer Systems (C-CS) Technician
Focal point for all Air Force standard system and AFNIC installation or removal projects, as well as owning command unique projects. Maintain C-CS project and related files including associated documentation. Functions as the site Communications-Computer Systems Officer and Computer System Security Officer. Supports various operations programs such as the LAN, NIPRNET, SIPRNET, EMSEC, and frequency management, as directed. Major job activities include:
- Monitor all applicable C-CS projects
- Support equipment maintenance and configuration (including LAN) of desktop computers, peripheral devices (printers, monitors, etc.), routers and servers
- Review project support agreements and other implementation documentation to ensure all requested support can be accomplished.
- Coordinate contractor actions for Communications-Computer Systems Required Documents (CSRD)
- Monitor and take necessary steps to ensure site required actions associated with NOTAMS, NOSC taskings, and AFCERT messages are completed within specified dates
- Prepare necessary correspondence, records, and files to include administrative files, publications files, Communications Computer System Installation Records, and equipment historical records
- Monitor inside and outside site cable plant records for currency; assist in their proper maintenance
- Verify leased communications services
- Initiate and participate in site Communications-Computer System Requirements Board; maintain record files for board actions
- Prepare and update contractor required computer security plans
- Be aware of work hazards associated with the job duties and control measures required to counteract them.
- Participate in relevant quality, environmental, safety, security, and Full Spectrum Threat Response programs.
- Maintain job proficiency by participating in the training program.
This list of duties and responsibilities in no way limits management's right to have an employee perform other duties as assigned.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top