Cartography Analyst I
The cartographic analyst will support the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency's Maritime Safety Office. The analyst must be knowledgeable on how to acquire, analyze, compile, and disseminate maritime safety information and intelligence to populate and update nautical databases to support the production of Digital Nautical Charts (DNC) and Electronic Navigation Charts (ENC).The analyst will compile or update maritime features and attributes for DNC/ENC portfolio's on ArcGIS based Data Capture Finishing Environment (DCAFE) workstations or ESRI based GEOINT Modernization (FG MOD) production environment workstations. Additionally, the selected analyst will extract features from a variety of sources including but not limited to rasterized nautical charts, DNC, ENC, digital hydrographic survey data, Notice to Mariners (NtM), topographic maps, orthorectified imagery, and chart catalogs. Work includes referencing source material to update publications, updating and/or writing new entries, submitting work through the QA/QC process, and meeting deadlines. Attention to detail is critical. Must be able to balance various projects in a self-driven environment.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
3-10 year of Cartography experience.
Candidate must possess in depth understanding and experience using the following:
- Experience with cartographic finishing, feature extraction from maps, charts or various imagery sources, attribution, and related experience.
- Data conversion/migration.
- Experience working with Geospatial Information Systems (GIS).
Preferred Skills and Education
- Writing Python Scripts in ArcGIS to improve efficiency of the production process.
- Ability to export data in multiple formats, predominantly standard MILSPEC as well as shapefiles.
- Ability to use imagery for the purposes of chart compilation.
- Ability to order, manipulate, and interpret various types of satellite imagery for feature extraction.
- Knowledge of geospatial database content management.
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel.
- Experience working with geospatial data in a multi-user enterprise environment.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top