Cartography Analyst I
The selected Geospatial Analyst candidate will support imagery production to the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency's Maritime Safety Office. The position requires the ability to extract imagery from all available imagery platforms and access methods. Production of orthorectified images in support of products such as DNC, ENC, SNC, LPC, NtM, and ad-hoc request. Evaluation of orthorectified images to the highest quality, accuracy, and consistency possible. Modification of Digital Elevation Models (DEMs) to improve shoreline precision and analysis of source data in support of imagery production. Work includes referencing source material to update publications, updating and/or writing new entries, submitting work through the QA/QC process, and meeting deadlines. Attention to detail is critical. Must be able to balance various projects in a self-driven environment.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
3-10 year of GIS experience.
Candidate must possess in depth understanding and experience using the following:
- Experience with cartographic finishing, feature extraction from maps, charts or various imagery sources, attribution, and related experience.
- Ability to delineate aerial photographic detail using stereoscopic plotting and computer graphics equipment.
- Ability to preform image assessment, control point selection, mensuration, triangulation, orthorectification, and processing to produce standard or non-standard products.
- Knowledge of basic coordinate systems (latitude, longitude, UTM).
- Knowledge of projections and their properties.
- Data conversion/migration.
- Knowledge of Socet GXP and ESRI ArcGIS.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Writing Python Scripts in ArcGIS to improve efficiency of the production process.
- Ability to analyze data from ground surveys, reports, aerial photographs, and satellite images to prepare topographic maps and aerial photograph mosaics.
- Ability to prepare and alter trace maps, charts, tables, detailed drawings, and three-dimensional optical models of terrain using stereoscopic plotting and computer graphics equipment.
- Ability to export data in multiple formats, predominantly standard MILSPEC as well as shapefiles.
- Ability to use imagery for the purposes of chart compilation.
- Ability to order, manipulate, and interpret various types of satellite imagery for feature extraction.
- Knowledge of geospatial database content management.
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel.
- Experience working with geospatial data in a multi-user enterprise environment.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top