Cartographic Analyst - Ohio (Short-term)
BAE has an immediate need for GEOINT Analysts to support AFGPC in Dayton, Ohio and NGA's Source Foundation GEOINT Group (SFG). The position is a one year position. The NGA Office of Geography (SFG) provides integrated geographic data, products, and services with a focus on high priority regions of the world in support of AFGPC mission sets, the warfighter, and the national security objectives of the US Government. The vision is to enable NGA's Foundation GEOINT mission and support AFGPC through an integrated enterprise of human geography, political geography, and topographic content. These positions provide direct support to Imagery and Geospatial analysts in meeting extensive and time-sensitive analytic requirements that can have significant impact on national security.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Extract specific feature data IAW NGA Feature Data Specifications, NGA/PC Specific Guidance, and other NGA Data or Production Specifications to include the NSFG Feature Data Dictionary (NFDD) and Topographic Data Store (TDS) schema, NGA Project Specific Guidance, other NGA Data and U.S. Military Feature Data Specifications Ground - Warfighter Geospatial Data Model (GGDM) and Products, and TGDM.
- Perform cartographic finishing of Joint Operations Graphic - Aero (JOGA) and Topographic Map (TM) charts to NGA Digital Product Specification (DPS) standards and customer requirements.
- Manage a geospatial database.
- Interpret, extract, and attribute features from commercial and NTM imagery
- Apply cartographic rules and conventions for symbology, color theory, map compilation, and text placement.
- Perform QA/QC functions and correct data call errors.
- Compile, segregate, evaluate, research, interpret, analyze, and disseminate intelligence information to support operations.
- Prepare, maintain, and present intelligence displays, reports, and briefings with the creation and use of visual aids and drafting, editing, and proofreading documents for publishing.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Cartographic finishing, feature extraction, and data content management related experience required.
- Knowledge of CIB1, TLMs, MGCP products, MDG, DTED, SRTM, in boundary recovery processes.
- Knowledge of feature data extraction; attribution process and cartographic finishing techniques.
- Proficient in ArcGIS, SOCET, RemoteView, or comparable ELT software.
- Superior knowledge of geospatial database content management.
- Experience with FME, ESRI extract, transform, and load (ETL) tools, or similar software extensions.
- Experience with GAIT, ArcGIS Data ReViewer, or comparable geospatial data inspection software.
- Superior knowledge on intelligence organizations and systems; collection and reporting systems, intelligence information sources; techniques of identifying, collating, evaluating, and analyzing information.
- Superior knowledge of geographical and cultural aspects of foreign countries.
- Proven ability to develop production schedules and deliver customer requirements on-time or ahead of schedule and proven ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Experience in combining digital cartography, computer technology, GIS, cartographic and geospatial production techniques, remote sensing, photogrammetry, and digital data formats.
- Experience working with geospatial data in a multi-user enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
Experience using data mining tools; open source research methods; understanding of military capabilities weapon systems; application engineering, system administration, or software configuration of industry standard geospatial analysis and production software; experience with Oracle Spatial or ArcSDE.
Knowledge of python scripting to streamline and automate routine production processes.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top