This position is of temporary duration for approximately one year or until incumbent Reservist returns from service to resume this position
Perform Cartographic Analysis services in developing high resolution geospatial datasets to meet the extensive and time-sensitive analytic requirements in support of national security mission requirements. Act as Team Lead of a 5 FTE team performing supervisory and administrative duties.
- Extract specific feature data in accordance with Feature Data Specifications, Project Specific Guidance and other Data or Product Specifications.
- Extract Feature Data using all available source data
- Othorectify and mosaic imagery as required.
- Utilize imagery in the extraction of special geospatial datasets.
- Develop and implement a metadata catalog based on standards for spatial metadata.
- Produce geospatial digital feature data and/or digital terrain data.
- Correctly attribute extracted feature data based on Specifications and/or Feature Data Dictionary.
- Collaborate with analysts to exploit, analyze, report, and disseminate information for the benefit of decision maker.
- Participate in the production of the full range of GEOINT products including the effective briefing of presentations.
- Extract and/or access geospatial information, derivative information and multi-INT data from selected sources for analysis and visualization; apply geospatial analytical methods, substantive intelligence expertise and logical judgment to solve problems, provide decision support; and enhance knowledge for intelligence issues.
- Work closely with customers in a team environment to produce oral and written reports; develop various geospatial datasets and visualizations of geospatial information and intelligence to satisfy customer requirements; and provide representational support for internal and external meetings and conferences as required.
- Establish and manage detailed geospatial data extraction and analysis, research and production goals, strategies, and processes.
- Create, update and manage geospatial information system databases and products.
- Identify, compile, and assess geospatial data sets to support GEOINT production
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
High School degree with 11 to 20 years of cartographic related experience required.
o Attended a basic Intelligence Course.
Understanding of several GEOINT cartographic products to include boundary recovery processes, including data retrieval and storage.
o Prepare, maintain, and present intelligence displays, reports, and briefings with the creation and use of visual aids (graphs, charts, etc.) and drafting, editing, and proofreading documents for publishing.
o MUST be able to work rapidly in a high tempo, high stress environment that often requires multi-tasking.
o Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
o Superior Knowledge of the intelligence collection process.
o Highly skilled in data mining using M3, open-source reporting and other intelligence sources.
o Knowledgeable with commonly used cartographic analysis and feature extraction software suites such as ESRI, ArcGIS, Socet-Set and RemoteView or comparable ELT software.
o Performs geo-locational mensuration functions, extracts coordinates and positional relationships from digital database systems.
o Maintains and uses geospatial databases.
o Compiles, segregates, evaluates, researches, interprets, analyzes, and disseminates intelligence information to support operations.
o Very knowledgeable on intelligence organizations and systems; collection and reporting systems, intelligence information sources; techniques of identifying, collating, evaluating, and analyzing information.
o Superior knowledge of geographical and cultural aspects of foreign countries; military capabilities weapon systems.
o Proven ability to work independently with minimal or no oversight.
o Experience with combining digital cartography, computer technology, GIS, cartographic and geospatial production techniques, remote sensing, photogrammetry, and digital data formats.
o Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Excel.
Supervisory experience leading and managing others.
Preferred Skills and Education BS degree or advanced degree in relevant area of study preferred and would count towards 3-10 years of experience requirement. About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top