Capture Senior Manager
The Electronics Systems Sector (ES), Command Control Communications Computers Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Systems business area is seeking a Senior Capture Manager. This position, located in San Diego, California, will report directly to the Senior Director, Capture Management, C4ISR Systems. This position will serve as the Capture Team Leader, responsible for long-term positioning and capture execution for top opportunities across C4ISRS program areas. The primary focus of which includes the design, development, manufacture, and sustainment of complex mission critical systems for the Intelligence Community and the Department of Defense Combatant Commands and Armed Services in such areas as: C4ISR solutions, automatic test systems, aircraft mission planning and precision weapons targeting solutions, cybersecurity, intelligence data analytics and exploitation systems.
The Senior Capture Manager is responsible for identifying, developing, and winning new business with special emphasis on leading and capturing top priority pursuits. This position will lead multi-functional, high-performance teams to capture strategic business in a dynamic, matrixed environment, allocating resources and prioritizing effectively in limited timeframes; work across and throughout leadership channels to ensure appropriate multi-functional engagement to achieve needed objectives/milestones.
• Develops and executes strategic and tactical plans, both short and long range, for the pursuit and successful capture of key opportunities. Applies disciplined methods to capture current understanding of critical customers' program goals; assessment of competitive market; and translation of the company's winning strategy to development of proposed offering.
• Ensures that all captures follow the business winning standards, processes and lifecycle management review processes and are tailored to the specific constraints of each capture.
• Leads a matrixed team of functional and support specialists throughout the capture to develop the overall solution (technical, management, pricing, past performance, and other elements).
• Develops and leads execution of customer contact plans related to the capture pursuit.
• Takes lead in gaining an understanding of bid price sensitivity, applying an overarching pricing strategy, including assessing risk and opportunity, reflected in an integrated technical, management, and business strategy.
• Leads the development of an integrated offering and works with the solution team and the assigned proposal manager to ensure win strategies and compliant/compelling offerings drive the submitted proposal.
• Sets, communicates and gains approval for bid teaming and subcontracting strategy and facilitates negotiation and documentation of teaming agreements.
• Serves as the strategic thought leader, discussion- and decision-driver through the capture process including presenting capture plan activities and results to executive leadership team.
• Manages compliance with security requirements and DFARS requirements.
• Manages proposal-required subcontractor relationships, including selection, development of statements-of-work, and management of proposal deliverables.
• Plans and manages new business funds (NBF) budgets for opportunity pursuits and briefs executive management to gain approval for each phase of the capture life cycle.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• A minimum of 12 years related business experience with an emphasis on capture and/or program management work
• Ability to achieve and retain a TS/SCI clearance
• Demonstrated experience in developing and executing plans for the pursuit and successful capture of new business opportunities and guidelines for a $1.4B+ annual business
• Successful experience both managing and winning large (>$50M lifecycle value) and complex programs involving the design, development / manufacture, and sustainment of complex solutions for the Intelligence and Defense markets in the programs areas listed below for the C4ISR Systems business
- aircraft mission planning
- automatic test systems
- precision weapons targeting solutions
- intelligence data analytics and exploitation systems
• Demonstrated experience in developing and leading execution of customer shaping plans, acquisition strategies, pricing strategies, and technical and management plans
• Demonstrated experience in identifying, evaluating, selecting, and negotiating teaming and subcontractor arrangements
• Ability to lead diverse matrixed team comprised of solution architects, engineers, and subject matter experts, as well as other business functions, to develop compelling, competitive solutions for customers, including developing technical solutions as well as pricing and business strategies
• Knowledge of customer community, relationships, and experience with procurement organizations in the Intelligence and Defense community
• Ability to brief executive management during all phases of capture strategy and execution to gain approvals and allocation of new business resources
• Ability to develop Price-to-Win and competitive positioning strategies
• Federal contracting and procurement experience and knowledge
• Ability to shape Section L and Section M criteria to maximize scoring
• Ability to negotiate effectively with customers, industry partners, and teammates
Preferred Skills and Education
• Master's degree in Engineering or Business Management preferred
• PMP and/or APMP preferred
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top