This position can be located in San Jose, CA or Sterling Heights, MI.
The Capture Team Leader (CTL) is responsible for Capture Management of the Combat Vehicle Programs to include winning executable business, leading the pursuit from opportunity identification through transition to contract execution, and keeping the senior leadership team abreast of status at all times.
- He or she owns the capture strategy and positions our team to win. The CTL sees the big picture, is prospect focused, understands proposal development, guides the solution, is knowledgeable on price to win, and knows the customer, competitors, products, services, and people for armored vehicle programs.
- The CTL leads the business case analysis, develops and implements the capture plan and executes the win strategy by leading a matrixed cross functional team.
- Manages and communicates with stakeholders as part of a campaign like environment. Ultimately responsible for winning the opportunity and managing the pursuit through contract award.
- Understands and applies principles of life cycle management, phase reviews, color reviews, competitor intelligence analysis and strategy development.
- Oversees the execution of the capture plan and its alignment with the program plan.
- Implements marketing strategies, sales programs, and alternatives.
- Understands the defense acquisitions system and aligns the campaign with the program milestones.
- Initiates proposal activities, presentations, and briefings.
- Recommends and monitors Internal Research and Development (IR&D) keyed to customer requirements. Manages and controls sales & marketing budgets and expenses through sound budgetary techniques.
- Develops and maintains strong customer relations with the US Army's Maneuver Center of Excellence and PEO GCS as well as close ties to Army maneuver units.
- Understands airborne, light infantry and armored combat vehicle doctrine and tactics techniques and procedures (TTPs)
- Comply with all BAE Systems Policies with special emphasis upon major interest areas including Safety, Diversity, and our Code of Conduct. Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
- Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
- Provide recurring reports to include monthly summaries of activities and status of opportunities, as well as specific response to data calls for recurring management reviews (eg, QBRs).
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree plus 15+ years of relevant work experience as a successful capture manager
- DOD experience required
- Preferred Skills and Education
- Light airborne or infantry fighting vehicle experience
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top