Calibration Technician 1 ESD and Test Equipment
The candidate for this position will conduct Electro Static Discharge (ESD) equipment calibration/verification for ionizers, flooring, work benches, etc. as well as assisting with the routine calibration/verification for special test equipment and soldering irons across the Greenlawn NY Operations group. The candidate for the position will perform the work to predetermined specifications and timeframes record all records in a company database tool as well as perform performing equipment preventative maintenance and minor repair to meet all equipment parameters.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
1. Perform routine measurements on ESD equipment and special company designed test equipment using established standards in the testing and measurement of equipment.
2. Calibrates/verifies, troubleshoots, and performs simple preventative maintenance duties on electronic equipment by working from test procedures, schematics, calibration/verification procedures and oral and written instructions.
3. Operate a variety of basic electrical and mechanical equipment such as multimeters, power supplies, oscilloscopes, event meters, electric drills and electric screwdrivers, etc. to install and maintain Electro Static Discharge control equipment and calibrate/verify special test equipment. Basic soldering experience is required.
4. Maintains inventory and records, of calibration/verification, in an established on-line database.
5. Maintain an inventory of ESD installation and troubleshoot supplies and assist in the preparation of reordering these supplies as needed.
The candidate will have the opportunity to work with other members of the Operations team on continuous improvements projects related to their responsibilities. Accurate self -scheduling and computer data entry of recorded results is critical to success in this job position. The candidate must be eligible for a Secret Clearance.
Minimum Education and Experience Requires a High School or Trade School diploma plus up to one (1) year of specialized instruction in reading blueprints and schematics as well as fundamental electronics theory and at least one (1) year of related calibration/metrology experience is required. Required Skills and Education
Operate a variety of basic electrical and mechanical equipment such as multimeters, power supplies, oscilloscopes, event meters, electric drills and electric screwdrivers, etc. to install and maintain Electro Static Discharge control equipment. Basic soldering experience is required.
Basic computer data entry skills and interest in learning the TipQA Gage and Tool software system.
Ability to read schematics, drawings and procedures.
Strong written and verbal communication skills including working across groups to coordinate calibration/verification schedules and participate in continuous improvements projects in a team setting.
Self starter with ability to self-manage and drive small projects to closure per a schedule.
Willingness to take classes (on line or in person) and work with mentors on learning Electrostatic Discharge Control and Calibration/Verification. Preferred Skills and Education Associates degree in electronics or a similar technical field OR
equivalent trade school or military electronics experience.
Ability to qualify for a Secret clearance. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top