C4ISR Systems Engineer
C4ISR Systems Engineer responsible for systems/integration engineering, installation, and technical oversight services supporting
program of record (PoR) and non-PoR C4I systems for use in ashore and afloat platforms. Support includes providing design, engineering, integration, testing, installation, project management, Acquisition and Process Improvement Support to the Government (NIWC Atlantic) customer's C4I FMS IPT
Within this role, the engineer's functional responsibilities may include but not limited to: Analyzes, develops, tests and modifies hardware and/or software solutions to meet the user's systems analysis and/or systems integration requirements. Coordinates with user to identify data availability, report requirements, and systems design problems. Defines system objectives and prepares system design specifications to meet user requirements and satisfy interface problems. Reviews work products for correctness,
adherence to the design concept and user standards, and progress in accordance with schedules. Prepares status
reports and presentations on task performance to clients. May provide daily supervision and direction to support
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Six (6) years of experience in Service and/or Joint C4ISR systems, to include: Systems Analysis,Systems Architecture, Systems/Equipment Support, Test and Evaluation, and Logistics support of C4ISR requirements
- Three (3) years of technical experience in support of C4ISR systems analyses, including interim and final reports and presentation of analytical data
- Engineering experience in system concept formulation, system design analysis, subsystem design analysis, interface design analysis, network design, modeling, and simulation and communication information systems concept formulation/design/analysis in the field of Naval Electronic Command, Control, Communications, Computer and Intelligence (C4I) systems, subsystems and equipment.
- Shall have experience in preparing comprehensive (theoretical and analytical) analyses of electronic systems concepts, designs and test requirements
- Ability to analyze contracts, system design specifications, and system design changes.
- Knowledge of configuration management 9as it pertains to functional and physical configuration audits, engineering change proposals (ECPs) and configuration control boards (CCBs)); supportability analysis (as it pertains to reliability and maintainability, logistics support, training, and material management), and quality assurance.
- Should be familiar with the Shipbuilding and Conversion, Navy (SCN) environment
Education: BS degree in Engineering (Electrical, Computer) or Computer Science from an accredited college or university
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc)
- Working knowledge of MS Visio, MS Access Databases and/or CAD experience (AutoCAD)
- Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) software applications/tools and/or MBSE certifications/training
- Working knowledge of Enovia Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Working knowledge of requirements management software applications/tools such as IBM Rational DOORS
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top