C4ISR Systems Engineer
Seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to support development and integration of C4ISR solutions to meet DoD customer requirements. The role will require experience and understanding of military communications, mobile platform integration, network systems, and operational environments.
Primary duties of the position include:
- Researching and analyzing new technologies for possible use in military systems, and presenting findings to Government customers
- Meeting with customers to discuss and define technical and operational requirements
- Working with technical staff and project managers to develop solution concepts, architectures, briefings, and cost estimates
- Applying systems engineering processes and principles to develop, analyze, design, test, and verify solutions
- Leading design teams to develop requirements documents, technical data packages, and test plans and procedures
- Working with manufacturing teams to integrate, test, and deliver prototype and production systems
- Developing feasibility studies, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of decision making
- Collaborating with support contractors, Government civilians, and members of the U.S. military
The position offers a very interesting and satisfying role as a technical lead to solve real-world challenges.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university and a minimum of 5 years experience in military C4ISR systems engineering
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
Minimum of 5 years experience in military C4ISR systems engineering
Experience as leader of systems engineering design projects
Experience working as the lead technical liaison with customers
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance
Preferred Skills and Education
Active security clearance
Tactical vehicle and/or combatant craft C4ISR system integration experience
Network and/or cybersecurity credentials
Prior US Military service
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top