C4I Systems Engineer (MBSE)
This position is seeking a Model Based Systems Engineer for Command, Control, Communications, Computer and Intelligence (C4I) programs and responsible for systems engineering, systems integration engineering, installation, and technical oversight services supporting program of record (PoR) and non-PoR C4I systems for use in afloat platforms. Program's scope and support requirements includes providing logistics, integration, engineering, procurement, fabrication, assembly, test, inspection, and installation of integrated C4I System of Systems (SoS) to the Government (NIWC Atlantic) customer's C4I New Ship Construction Integrated Product Team (IPT).
The responsibilities for this position may include but not limited to:
- Modeling requirements, solution architectures, and physical implementations to create integrated digital representations of system designs.
- Using Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) techniques to create new ways for design teams to understand, interact with, and analyze system designs.
- Supporting model-based simulations and design verification/validation.
- Meeting with customers to discuss and define technical and operational requirements.
- Implementing MBSE to create a digital collaborative development environment.
Typically a High School Diploma and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Minimum Education: Professional Certificate in MBSE and four (4) years experience.
- Understanding of how system requirements, design, analysis, verification and validation activities are enabled by MBSE across the digital thread.
- Familiar with UML / SysML modeling languages and experience applying this common structure to an MBSE solution.
- Familiar with industry MBSE tools and modeling methodologies to successfully produce systems engineering models.
- Preferred Education: BS degree in Engineering (Electrical, Computer) from an accredited college or university.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc).
- Working knowledge of MS Visio, MS Access Databases and/or CAD experience (AutoCAD).
- Working knowledge of SysML (CAMEO) MBSE software applications/tools.
- Working knowledge of Enovia Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) or Windchill PLM.
- Working knowledge of requirements management software applications/tools such as IBM Rational DOORS.
- Basic knowledge of architecture, requirements engineering, verification, test, and system integration to accommodate End to End Systems Engineering.
- Familiar with Land Based Integration Facilities and Shipboard Installations.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top