BAE Systems is seeking a self-motivated and experienced candidate to support the Standoff Munitions Application Center (SMAC). SMAC supports the Joint Force Air Component Commander (JFACC) by optimizing efficiency and combat effectiveness of High Demand Low Density (HD/LD) global strike and theater standoff munitions. This position is located at the government SMAC facility at Barksdale Air Force Base, located near Bossier City, LA.
Duties will include creating system-of-system scenarios, mission planning, asset operations, operator training, threat analysis and data transfers, hardware and software support operations. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Bachelor’s degree in Technical, Engineering, or Computer Information Systems related degree required or equivalent related military work experience (United States Air Force [USAF], United States Navy [USN] or United States Marine Corp [USMC]).
- Information Assurance (IA) Certification is a condition of employment (i.e. -Security+, CISSP, etc.). The incumbent of this position must achieve the appropriate certifications IAW DoD 8570.01-M within six months of assignment. Failure to receive the proper IA certification may result in removal from this position.
- Familiarity with DoD modeling and simulation environments.
- Self-starter with ability to multitask.
- Team player with a proactive attitude.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- SAP access is required.
Preferred Skills and Education – Experience in supporting customers through Modeling, Simulation, and analysis; Developing Integrated Forces Analysis study plan detailing MOEs, assumptions, limitations, variables, run matrix and M&S architecture ; Establishing M&S architectures and verifying operational accuracy; Executing run matrix and analyzing results.
- Experience in managing mission operation major modeling and simulation studies to include scenario creation, mission planning, asset operations, operator training, threat analysis and data transfers.
- Experience in Technical Problem Resolution and Software Tool Development Research such as developing innovative ways to overcome technical challenges that impede modeling foreign missile systems for SMAC customers; Studying state-of-the-art techniques and applying those techniques to advance Mission Planning Modeling and Simulation capabilities to meet the needs of SMAC; Developing tools to facilitate accurate and efficient use of the models.
- Experience in collaborating with DoD organizations and other government agencies on Integrated Forces Analysis for Mission Planning and CCMD projects; participating in Intelligence Center and COCOM discussions, working groups, or exchanges, candidate analytical studies; Documenting the requirements for each and reviewing proposal plans. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top