Business Development/Sales Manager - Sensor Systems
Exciting things are happening at BAE Systems as we increase staff to support our Sales Organization to advance our electronics group. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team!
The Sensor System Sales Manager (SSSM) is the key contact for internal project tracking and accountability for all BAE Sensor System programs and customers. Team member will be assigned large and complex tasks and customers that are key to the growth and stability of our Sensor business. The SSSM will act as a liaison between Director of Strategic Sales and Product Line Directors ensuring that all key development programs and pursuits are done in a timely manner. Will be responsible for maintains and expands relationships within certain vertical markets segments offering potential customers new products and services. Further the manager will be responsible for driving the pipeline and growth initiative cascaded down by Director of Strategic Sales and Product Line Director. SSSM will be responsible for working closely with Director of Strategic Sales, building a robust strategy for driving new and existing product offering to our customer set. The SSSM champions the Fairchild Imagining Systems portfolio range of products and services and will assist Regional Sales Team members in building a solid value added marketing and sales capture plan.
In this role you will be responsible for the product strategy and outbound marketing activities, a combination of products in our commercial image sensor product lines; specifically within the CMOS Image Sensors and Thermal Image Sensors.
This position works closely with general management, sales, engineering, and other internal and external stakeholders, to define products and execute adoption strategies. Your specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Establish relationships with key customers, developing a solid understanding of the customers’ end systems and market position as well as key customers’ desires and future challenges, communicating the customers’ present and future design challenges, presenting business proposals as well as value proposition and system solutions for the responsible market segment.
- Drive product strategy and specification
- Drive business case for investment approval process
- Work closely with marketing to drive product launches and marketing campaigns for new and existing product adoption.
- Manage in conjunction with Director Business Development team to include goals, priorities and customer interaction.
- Responsible for allocation of resources to regions and target customers along with being responsible for oversight of the advisors and manufacture reps.
- Define product messaging, positioning and educate the sales organization to sell effectively.
- Work closely with marketing to establish product pricing based upon competitive analysis
- Participate in industry events to drive awareness and adoption of our products.
- Prioritize, escalate and drive customer issues to resolution within the factory.
- Develop and manage business metrics and measurements. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree Required Skills and Education · Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technological field
- Minimum of 10 years of semiconductor product marketing experience with a strong preference for experience in imaging and/or camera industry
- Experience in the image sensor industry and/or thermal image sensor industry
Experience in at least one of the following areas:
2. Thermal image sensors
- Self-motivated, thrive in a teamwork environment and result focused
- Strong project management and time management skills Preferred Skills and Education
- Master’s Degree
- 10 years of experience in imaging and/or camera industry
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top