Business Development Operations Analyst
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, a global defense, security and aerospace company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. This position is located in San Diego, CA. Looking for a Business Development Analysts to support new business capture from initial opportunity identification, qualification, proposal development, submission, and award across a wide spectrum of ISR capabilities spanning from sensors, ground, and exploitation systems.
Candidate must have experience and education straddling the line between business and technology, with educational background in one or more of the following: 1. technical sales or management, 2. Marketing or finance with interest and experience in software technology, and/or 3. Prior relevant military experience. Must have a passion for problem solving, be able to think and act creatively, be self-driven and motivated, know when to ask for help, and able to navigate uncertainty and unclear requirements. Must be well spoken and able to work well across ranks and personalities ranging from junior or senior military personnel, and spanning top-level business managers. This junior business development position will support the C4ISR organization's pursuit of DoD and Intelligence Community Agency business, and related Space markets, focusing on emerging ground-based processing, content management, analytics and information dissemination requirements. This is an excellent personal and professional growth opportunity for a candidate early in their career to gain exposure to, and high-level perspective of, the inner working of a large Fortune 500 business and the entire business development lifecycle.
Day-to-day tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Support our team of diverse Business Development professionals in high-tech, DoD/Intelligence industry throughout all phases of the Business Development lifecycle, across a $1B line of business.
- Account Planning: Support the development of go-to-market plans for pursuing new software development business across the Federal Government and our targeted international markets
- Marketing: Planning, coordinating, setting up, and attending trade shows, developing marketing materials, and participating in high-level brand and marketing strategy
- Operational Management: Tracking and organizing multiple systems and setting up tools to ensure opportunities don't get missed or misrepresented
- Opportunity Identification and Qualification: Support the identification and qualification of $100+ Million new technical hardware and software business opportunities for bid / no bid decisions
- Opportunity Strategy: Support the development of compelling winning strategies including teaming, solution, and pricing strategies, as well as competitive and customer intelligence
- Solution Development: Support our Solution Architects, software developers, and systems engineers in the development of innovative IT, Geospatial, and analytical solutions which increase customer value
- Proposal Development: Support the drafting of key sections of competitive proposals including management and technical solutions, past performance, and key personnel
- Proposal Review: Participate in review and approval process of proposals to be submitted
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple business activities across multiple customers and multiple locations
• Ability to plan and manage budgets
• Communication skills including written, verbal and dynamic presentations
• Collaboration and ability to engage with multi-disciplinary team environment
• Self-motivation and willingness to tackle ill-defined challenges
• Willingness to lead when appropriate
• Technical writing skills, ability to respond to requests for information and Broad Area Announcements released from the government
Preferred Skills and Education
• Proposal Development participation in development, pricing, color reviews, strategy development and ensuring all discriminators and value proposition are included in the final product
• Ability to perform Price to Win, model pricing, and competitive positioning strategies
• Successful negotiation skills
• Project planning and assessment
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top