Business Development Manager
BAE Systems is seeking a Business Development Manager that will be responsible for business development activities within the Controls and Avionic Solutions (CAS) markets of interest. This role simultaneously oversees all aspects of several near and long-term opportunity developments. Each effort will focus on providing a comprehensive plan based on a mixture of managerial, technical, and cost solutions for development, production, and sustainment. Business activities will occur in the commercial and military market areas related to high integrity controls, mission avionics, and science and technology development with Labs and advanced program organizations.
Individual will be responsible for leading customer engagement with assigned customers and qualifying pursuits in accordance with business success criteria.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical plans for the pursuit and development of key opportunities.
- Conduct customer visits and perform research to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements.
- Develop and maintain a multi-million dollar qualified pipeline. Accountable for achieving annual targets for identification and qualification of profitable pursuits.
- Establish, build, and maintain customer relationships plus assess competitor capabilities generally aligned to specific customers.
- Work with cross-functional and operational teams to balance resource priorities to ensure consistent progress through marketing solutions, teaming and pricing elements of the capture plan.
- Lead, with the capture manager, the development and evaluation of the technical and management content and contractual compliance of proposals.
- Develop customer solutions and value propositions based on customer and stakeholder inputs. Provide management with information to identify critical areas of the opportunity’s win strategy that minimize risks and maximize the probability of win.
- Participate in bid decisions, the development of cost strategies and phase reviews.
- Serve as the customer advocate during reviews to bring the voice of the customer into planning and strategy sessions. Organize and conduct customer liaison activities such as customer meetings, facility tours and product demonstrations.
- Obtain marketing intelligence and competitive data pertaining to potential targeted pursuits, and develop marketing strategies for same.
- Coordinate with engineering to ensure that updated or new company technologies/capabilities match with new and emerging customer requirements.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education 15+ years of related work experience, at least 3-5 of which should be in business development
- Experience leading teams in pursuit of medium sized ($50 million – $100 million) or larger proposal efforts
- Successful past performance in business development (e.g., developing customer relationships, account strategies, developing a qualified pipeline, building industry relationships, and leading capture & proposal activities)
- Experience leading customer engagement activities with Director and above representatives. Preferred Skills and Education
- Advanced engineering degree
- Program management experience
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top