Business Development Manager, Advanced Weapon Systems
BAE Systems is hiring a Business Development Manager that will serve as the BD lead for our Advanced Weapons product area
The BD Manager for Advanced Weapons will be responsible for:
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's of Science degree in technical field and/or business administration
- At least seven years of business development or equivalent experience in the defense industry, government/military, or in a science and technology community
- Master's degree in math, science, engineering, or business administration desired. Knowledge of DoD Acquisition processes as they apply to Research and Development and transition of developmental efforts to programs of record
- Knowledge or experience with DARPA, ONR and other government engineering centers and research labs.
- Knowledge of naval and army advanced weapons to include electric weapons technologies
- Proven ability to operate effectively in ad hoc teams and groups
- Knowledge of naval and army weapon systems
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) and listening skills, and orientation to details, and the ability to make informed decisions;
- A creative problem solver.
- The ability to clearly and simply articulate compelling business opportunities both written and verbal; multi-lingual skills desired.
- Excellent network with a proven ability to build successful, long-term customer relationships
- Superior research, analytical, and negotiating skills.
- Willingness to take ownership, accept accountability, and thrive under pressure.
- An understanding of U.S. Government export rules and regulations as stipulated by the Department of Commerce's Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and the Department of State's International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Well-versed in the rules and regulations of Foreign Military Sales
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top