The Intelligence and Security business unit is seeking a Director of Business Development for business located in the Ft. Gordon area. This position will further develop our pipeline related to intelligence support to the broader Intelligence Community (IC) and the DoD. This position will need to bring existing customer relationships, develop and maintain strong business relationships with key decision makers across BAE Systems Intelligence & Security Sector, as well as identify and qualify business opportunities, and position BAE Systems for bidding.
Specific activities include:
- Builds, matures and executes comprehensive account plans that deliver desired customer awareness and awards.
- Identifies and qualifies a robust pipeline of focused opportunities that align with Intelligence Solutions business objectives.
- Develops and maintains strong customer relationships to identify customer objectives, priorities, and requirements that strategically position BAE Systems as an innovative industry leader.
- Develops and maintains strong industry relations with large and small businesses with significant presence in the assigned markets.
- Teams with Business Area leadership to provide counsel and recommendations for the bid/no bid gate reviews and collaborates with the PDC & Capture for smooth turnover to proposal development.
- Conducts competitive analysis.
- Develops effective win strategies which include identifying and qualifying new opportunities.
- Maintains a pipeline of qualified opportunities in excess of $500M.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree and 15+ years of experience working in Business Development.
- Strong understanding of a customer's market- Intelligence Community, Fed Civ, DOD- specifically Army, Navy, Air Force or Marine Corps, or Space, with relevant organizational relationships. Will consider all customer bases. Former Staff considered being highly desirable.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with experience presenting at executive levels.
- Candidate must possess an Active clearance.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Identifies, develops, and implements near-term and long-term business strategies relating to the development of new services, technologies, and follow-on products.
- Clearance with an Active Polygraph.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.