Business Development, Director
The Intelligence Solutions business unit is seeking a Director, Business Development for the Intelligence Services market. The position will be primarily located in McLean, Virginia, and report directly to the Vice President of Business Winning for Intelligence Solutions. This position will need to bring existing customer relationships, develop and maintain strong business relationships with key decision makers across BAE Systems Intelligence & Security Sector, as well as identify and qualify business opportunities, and position BAE Systems for bidding. Specific activities include:
- Builds, matures and executes comprehensive account plans that deliver desired customer awareness and awards.
- Identifies and qualifies a robust pipeline of focused opportunities that align with Intelligence Solutions business objectives
- Develops and maintains strong customer relationships to identify customer objectives, priorities, and requirements that strategically position BAE Systems as an innovative industry leader
- Develops and maintains strong industry relations with large and small businesses with significant presence in the assigned markets
- Teams with Business Area leadership to provide counsel and recommendations for the bid/no bid gate reviews and collaborates with the PDC & Capture for smooth turnover to proposal development
- Conducts competitive analysis
- Develops effective win strategies which include identifying and qualifying new opportunities
- Maintains a pipeline of qualified opportunities in excess of $500M
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of the intelligence community with relevant organizational relationships.
- Prior experience directly supporting the NRO, in addition to possessing existing customer relationships, is strongly desired
- Ability to obtain/maintain the required security clearance
- Identifies, develops, and implements near-term and long-term business strategies relating to the development of new services, technologies, and follow-on products.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top