Business Analyst Team Lead
- Provide application level system administration support, to include applying application updates, patches and configurations changes; monitoring system performance, batch jobs, and conducting routine audits of system and software; analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues; interfacing with the data center and other supporting groups; installing and configuring new users and organizations; performing application level backups; responding to technical queries; and ensuring system services are running as expected.
- Support external audits, security testing, and security reviews such as FISMA audits, OIG queries, security incidents
- Provide user support including application training, updating of existing training materials and preparation of job aids to support users.
- Support deployments or re-deployments to DOJ component organizations that may occur from DOJ sub-component re-organizations and new entities established within DOJ as a sub-organization.
- Support application maintenance activities through requirements analysis, testing, communication and collaboration with an external development team and users to correct discovered problems, to modify JSTARS to keep the application usable in a changing environment, to perform minor modifications of the software to improve performance and maintainability, and to detect and correct latent faults in the application.
- Collaborate with development team for the handoff of application code for testing on updated maintenance or enhancement code, reporting of defects or deficiencies, test planning and results, and feedback and resolution of user acceptance testing results.
- Maintain project management and operations documentation that promotes and demonstrates sound technology management practices, including updated operations manual, knowledge base, user support guides, training materials, job aids, configuration control, minutes, agendas, project schedule, risk log, and other appropriate information that is relevant, pragmatic, and tailored to the project size, complexity, and activity.
- At the election of the government, vendor shall provide additional staffing within their scope of responsibility for release development and deployment support for application enhancements, such as a system to system interface, a module inside of JSTARS to manage insider threat activities, reports, and analysis; and/or releases of bundled application maintenance and enhancement change requests.
- Leads the Request for Change (RFC) intake process
- Supports Change Control Board (CCB) procedures.
- Leads bi-weekly Project Status Meeting and Operations Meeting with customer
- Maintains Project Schedule
- Write requirements and other documentation
- Provide end-user training
- Assist with testing the application
- Assess requirement impacts on system functionality
- Troubleshoot application issues
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Ability to lead change process
- Experience in leading project status and operations meetings
- Attention to detail
- Able to take requirements and turn them into documentation
- Success in testing applications
- Knowledge of DOJ personnel security business processes
- Have provided end-user training on applications
- Excellent oral and writing communication skills
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top