BU VP - Bus Dev I
The Intelligence & Security Sector (I&S) is seeking a Vice President, Business Development (VP/BD) for its Integrated Electronics & Warfare Systems (IE&WS) business area. Reporting directly to the Vice President Business Development for I&S, and dotted-lined to the VP/GM of IE&WS, this position provides overall leadership to the IE&WS BD function. With overall responsibility for a staff of business development professionals, the selected individual will be held accountable for the management, oversight, identification, qualification and capture of all IE&WS business development opportunities and will be responsible for the generation of qualified pipeline growth necessary to meet or exceed the business area's forecast and plan. In addition, this individual will plan and recommend BD and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration consistent with Sector financial objectives and to drive tactical and strategic growth. The position is located in Southern Maryland or McLean, Virginia but requires weekly travel to IE&WS and/or Customer locations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Function as a member of the I&S Business Development leadership team and pivotal member of the functional organization to improve business execution/management and define growth strategies/opportunities across the sector.
- Grow the pipeline through the identification and qualification of new business opportunities that are consistent with both the Business Area and Sector strategies by leveraging current technologies, customer intimacies, and inter-company collaboration
- Oversee the major capture activities for IE&WS, and train capture managers in the organization.
- Senior level engagement with end customers, primes and partners to support the development of winning campaign strategies that improve the quality and depth of our market and competitor intelligence to influence/enhance our win strategies.
- Refine and implement an IE&WS business development and marketing execution strategy, methodology and CONOPS.
- Support I&S Business Development and pipeline requirements through training, development, data requests, strategy meetings, and networking opportunities.
- Build a high performance business development team by hiring, developing, and retaining strong talent.
- Identify/qualify new growth markets to include adjacent markets and customers.
- Create and execute the multi-year business development strategy.
- Participate in IRAD and B&P planning for the division as well as overhead budgets
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top