BSOC Wideband Signals Analyst
- Colorado Springs, CO
The Battalion SATCOM Operations Center (BSOC) Wideband Signals Analyst (BWSA) will be proficient in the duties of the T rans m ission C o ntrol l er position at the Army's Wideband SATCOM Operations Centers (WSOC). The BWSA provides oversight and monitoring of the Wideband SATCOM Operations and Management System Network (WSOMSNet) and engages Wideband SATCOM Operations Centers (WSOC) to maintain situational awareness of Wideband MILSATCOM's space-based assets and ground control infrastructure status. The contractor in the BSOC will report operational and maintenance issues to 53D Signal Bn Commander and S3 Staff. The BWSA utilizes t h e D O SS, CNPS , WRMS, and GTC3S as the primary tools to perform their oversight and monitoring tasks. T he BWSA coord i nates through t he Senior TS SME and ap p ro p r i ate ag e n cies.
- Monitor and maintain Situational Awareness of all activities related to the 5 WSOCs
- Be familiar with and fo l low all Transmission Controller Operating Instruct i ons con t a i ned in the Wideband Controllers G uide (WCG).
- Rev i ew the Con t r o l Change Q u eue i n CNPS; d o cume n t changes to CNPS p lans ,
- Perform Mission Planning duties on WGS and DSCS satellites in a backup role as necessary .
- Certified WPC and DPC Controller with in the first year of hire date
- Verify t he performance of t rans m issio n l i nks f o r all ass i gned sate l li t es by us i ng the WRMS .
- A n alyze appropriate 8- H our Re p or t s t o v er i fy transm i s s i on and term i nal performa n ce a n d s t atus.
- Engage with WSOCs to perf o rm a d just m en t s necessary to ac h ieve es t abl i s h ed operati n g p ara m eters.
- A s s i st t he any WSOC i n ide n tifyi n g, trou b lesho o ti n g, and e l i m inat i ng ano m al o us t rans m ission and p ayload c o nd i tio n s.
- Report operational and maintenance issues to 53D Signal Battalion Commander and S3 Staff.
- Perform all required re p or ti ng to the appropriate agencie s .
- Review the Hazardous C ondition (HAZCON) Lo g u s in g DIMS.
- C o m p lete and sub m it D ORs i n acc o r d a n ce w ith t h e a p pl i ca b le gu i dance.
- C o or d ina t e e n ter p rise ter m i n al ASIs a n d emerg e ncy o u tages with appropriate agencies.
- Re v iew relevant DIMS Rep o rts da i ly.
- Re v iew alarms for the past 24 h o urs in WRMS d ail y .
- C o m p lete and sub m it A ARs i n acc o r d a n ce w ith t h e a p pl i ca b le gu i dance.
- Maintain situational awareness of WSOMS network with SolarWinds.
- Oversee circuit testing and direct TMDE setup and use.
- Interface with all SME's and program assets to assist with fault isolation.
- Assist with primary troubleshooting and anomaly resolution for all mission system within the 5 WSOC's
- First level trainer of all systems and subsystems for the BSOC personnel.
- Assist with software and hardware installations in the BSOC
- Propagate a culture of safety in all aspects of the job.
- Ability to plan, implement, verify and troubleshoot local and wide-area enterprise networks.
- Strong enterprise network troubleshooting (Cisco IOS(s), IP routing, EIGRP)
- Strong skill set with Microsoft Office software applications.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 3 certification (e.g. CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, or GCIH)
- Experience implementing patches, scanning, remediating findings, auditing
- Working knowledge of RMF and cybersecurity requirements
- Previous experience supporting DoD/government customers
- Demonstrated ability to work and grow in a dynamic, fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Establish and maintain up-to-date cybersecurity configurations based on DISA STIGs and IAVM Notices
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Support critical operations during standard and non-standard working hours
Associate Degree in Applied Science. 2 years of related experience may be substituted for 1 year of education.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top