Bradley A4 ESIP Lead
The Bradley A4 Engineering Support for Items in Production (ESIP) Lead position is responsible for the overall management of all activities to resolve issues that arise in the production vehicle builds in a timely manner and communicate status regularly to program management. This position must interact effectively with the program engineering team, supply chain, manufacturing engineering, the materials planning and management group and DCMA in the process of resolving issues. This involves performing an impact analysis when issues arise and prioritizing the resolution of issues based on feedback from all of the stakeholders.
The performance of this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Perform Earned Value Management (EVM) duties for ESIP work packages that includes the review of actuals vs planned, how the EV plan (E2S) matches ELPD
- Provide EAC values for the ESIP effort
- Provide leadership and coordination of the ESIP team and IPT design engineers to solve production issues in a timely manner
- Be cognizant of production issues and attend Bradley A4 Production meetings with 80%+ attendance and assign other personnel from the ESIP team to attend in your absence
- Monitor Bradley A4 Vehicle "whiteboard" issue spreadsheets and closure of whiteboard issues
- Involve appropriate IPT Leads & Responsible Engineers, per the Installation Responsibility Matrix and immediately notify IPT engineers of new issues or if an issue has changed criticality or is hot item of the day if the responsible engineer is not in attendance of production meetings.
- Proactively manage and schedule engineers' and designers' floor support for off Fridays and weekends if needed.
- Maintain the IPT Lead and responsible engineer POC list and communicate to the Production team.
- Maintain floor support schedule at least one month out with engineers and designers from the program team
- Coordinate efforts between Operations and Engineering and set up cross-functional meetings if needed to address particular hot issues.
- Responsible for engineering support to production before and after sales of vehicles
- Lead the Variance creation, approval, submital process management and maintenance
- Maintain a single status spreadsheet for tracking Major and Minor Variances, provide the needed metrics as required.
- Capture lessons learned for process improvement implementation for Bradley A4 and for future programs' effort (e.g, AMPV and ACV)
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor's Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment. "Equivalent experience" includes experience managing the interface and serving as liaison between engineering entities and development teams and the corresponding production or prototyping activity. The selected individual will be a self-starter, highly motivated, and will be expected to proactively pursue production Variances and engineering issues that impact manufacturing, product delivery and overall vehicle sales. Superior communications skills are absolutely essential in this role as the selected candidate will be required to brief all levels of internal (Program Management, Engineering Management, Quality and Supply Chain) and external (United States Government) customers. The selected individual shall also have the ability to multitask as he/she will be required to control, coordinate, and resolve conflicts for several high-visibility lines of effort, simultaneously. The candidate needs to acknowledge that this position requires flexibility and perpetual attention - and is not a "seven thirty to five" position, as it requires immediate action and issue-resolution upon the identification of any problems or circumstances that require Engineering's support to Production.
Preferred Skills and Education
Must have a working knowledge of York Supply Chain, Manufacturing and DCMA groups and processes. The candidate should have an extensive working knowledge of previous versions of the Bradley Fighting Vehicle. Knowledge of Financial systems, cost rollups, finance organization/language is a plus. Proficient in Excel, Visual Basic, Dataview type programs.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top