Boring Mill / CNC Operator
The BAE Systems York PA facility is seeking an experienced Boring Mill/CNC Operator on second shift.
This position sets up and operates various types of boring mills (individually and/or cellular) to perform such operations as boring holes, machining castings, forgings, weldments, large assemblies, sub-assemblies, plates and pre-machined parts to conform to drawing specifications. Set up and operates various types of NC and CNC equipment to perform operations such as drilling milling, boring, tapping chamfering, counter boring, undercutting, punching, forming crimping and bending on a variety of materials.
- Receives instructions and work orders from Process Supervisor, Assistant Process Supervisor, Lead Person or Self-Directed Work Team.
- Plans and analyses requirements for proper tooling, performs checks and adjusts processes as required maintaining tolerances.
- Handles material to and from work area, within department, using jib or overhead cranes or other material handling equipment, as required.
- Refers to drawings, sketches, manuals, books, charts, military specifications and process sheets.
- Submits first piece to Inspection as required. Ensures specification conformance of product, process and workmanship and documents findings on personal computers and/or other data acquisition devices as required.
- Performs de-burring operations with miscellaneous hand tools.
- Performs checks on equipment to maintain efficient and safe operations and reports and deficiencies.
- Checks fluid levels, adds coolant and changes external air filters as required. Reports low oil levels.
- Keeps work area safe and clean.
High School Diploma or GED
3 to 5 Years of Equivalent Experience
Required Skills and Education
Must be capable of working with tools range from various sizes and types of horizontal and vertical boring mills, boring bars, clamps, fixtures, angle plates, templates, NC and CNC equipment perishable tooling, chucks, dies, grinders, sanders and various hand tools (i.e. wrenches, pliers, etc.), measuring and test equipment (i.e. Versa and height gauges), personal computer and/or other data acquisition devices (i.e. bar-coding and datamyte). Tools include material
Preferred Skills and Education
High School Diploma or GED
5 to 7 Years of Equivalent Experience
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top