Biometrics Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- McLean, VA
BAE Systems is seeking a Biometrics Subject Matter Expert (SME) to join our Federal IT team in the Northern Virginia area. The selected candidate will provide innovative biometric solution development such as facial recognition and biometric system and infrastructure deployment support for the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) initiatives. This position is responsible for the biometrics design on the program, as well as operational performance of biometric systems. He/she will provide the advice, analysis, planning, direction, and coordination necessary to accomplish all biometrics-related work requirements and task orders and coordinate with other contractor personnel, including subcontractors, to satisfy related contract requirements.
- Serve as the lead biometrics engineer to provide engineering expertise and guidance for the design, development, implementation, and sustainment of facial biometrics solutions.
- Lead the research, analysis, solution design and implementation planning of biometric solutions for the modernization of existing applications.
- Provide strategic technological innovation, demonstrating a breadth and depth of knowledge related to biometrics, sensors, systems, and processes.
- Ability to present on biometrics topics to senior leadership and customers.
- Advise on complex sensor integration and process flow for effective implementation.
- Assists in the developing and maintaining documented IT biometric Policies, Processes, and Standards.
- Conduct trade studies and analysis for multiple biometric technologies and provide recommendations for selecting technology, along with developing and delivering technical documentation proving the outcome of the analysis.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- 12+ years' experience engineering and architecting enterprise solutions, some of which are biometrically enabled
- Demonstrated expertise in facial biometric, including requirements analysis, performance analysis, and system design
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- U.S. Citizenship required and ability to obtain a CBP Entry on Duty (EOD) based on a Full Background Investigation
- 12+ Years' Experience with BS
- 10+ Years' Experience with MS
- 7+ Years' Experience with PhD
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in electrical engineering, computer science, physics or related field
- Demonstrated experience in network and cyber security design, engineering and operations with emphasis on DHS capabilities
- IEEE Certified Biometrics Professional (CBP) or other related professional certification
- Current CBP EOD preferred
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top