Big Data GIS Scientist
- Sterling, VA
BAE Systems is building a team of Geospatial Engineers to design, analyze and develop geo-spatial solutions and product specifications for infrastructure, hydrographic and physiographic features for global geo-spatial images and vector products in support of the Intelligence Community (IC). Our team of engineers will perform geographic information system analyses and will develop designs for spatial and relational databases to facilitate data analysis by IC analysts. The team will also assist in the development of software to manage spatial and relational data, as well as streamline workflows and add automation to the development of analyst products and reports.
Supports Data Warehouse Manager. Works closely with Data Warehouse Engineer, GIS Technician, and Agency/COCOM Analysts to identify analysis and reporting requirements, determine best ways to collate and optimize data, and identify backend tools that will assist and/or automate Analysts' work. Collaborates with System Software Developer to design, develop, and assess Analyst backend tools as well as develop data processing pipelines and machine algorithms to automate existing analyst workflows with rule-based engines to include transformation, validation, processing, enrichment, and correlation of data.
Work Locations for this opportunity are located primarily in Sterling VA and Joint Base Anacostia Bolling. However, other work locations are available in Reston VA, Charlottesville VA, Doral Florida and other CONUS and OCONUS. We're hiring multiple candidates for this position, ranging in skill levels from Junior to Subject Matter Expert.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or engineering related disciplines.
- 0-3 years | 4-8 years | 9-12 years |13+ years of related experience.
- Active TS clearance
- Working/functional knowledge of scripting and programming languages such as Python and Java with the ability to apply these skills to geospatial models and solutions.
- Working/functional knowledge of data science techniques for geospatial analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of graphic design principles as they relate to incorporating a map or cartographic visualization into an infographic or tabloid.
- Knowledge of other GIS applications (e.g. ArcGIS Earth, QGIS).
- Experience supporting the missions of analysts in the Defense Intelligence Agency or Combatant Commands.
- Relevant experience in the Geospatial Analysis field in the last year.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top