Azure Solutions Architect
BAE Systems seeks a Solutions Architect (SA) for the Microsoft Azure cloud platform. This role will interact with internal and external stakeholders to analyze requirements, architect and present proposed solutions, and deploy and configure accepted systems. You will leverage your strong past experience in on-premises IT to lead our customers to Azure cloud solutions.
The Executive Office for United States Attorneys (EOUSA) is responsible for providing administrative, technical and legal support to all 94 United States Attorney districts located in over 200 geographically dispersed sites throughout the continental United States, Alaska, Guam, the Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Each of the districts and EOUSA contain one or more offices that vary in size from 2 to 800 users. Within each district, one site is designated the District Headquarters (HQ) site and the remaining sites are designated Branch (BR) offices. The Office Automation Support (OAS) division of the EOUSA utilizes the General Integration (GI) technical team to provide information technology technical solutions support with systems and network engineering, project coordination, scheduling, backup/recovery, storage, technical writing/editing, and Tier 3 level support following a defined system development lifecycle (SDLC), along with ITIL, PMI, and CMMI-based requirements, change, project, and release management processes and procedures.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- 10 years working experience
- 5 years of experience with virtualization technologies from any vendor (Microsoft, Amazon, VMware, Citrix, Xen or KVM)
- At least 1 year with Microsoft Hyper-V
- 1 year of experience with Microsoft Azure platform, including machine image, networking, load balancing, disaster recovery and storage components. Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Cloud Platform and Infrastructure is highly preferred. (2 - 3 years' experience if candidate does not have MCSE certification).
- 3 years of experience with scripting in any form (Batch, Bash, PowerShell, Python, or other)
- At least 2 years of PowerShell required and will need to demonstrate.
- Demonstrable knowledge of XML and JSON
- Demonstrable knowledge of Hybrid Clouds
- Strong knowledge of architecture, design, and system engineering of enterprise systems using Enterprise Architecture, ITSM, Project Management, Process Improvement, and Maturity methodologies and frameworks (TOGAF, SDLC, ITIL, PMP, Six Sigma, COBIT, CMMI)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly effective writing/verbal communication skills as well as the ability to work independently with minor guidance.
- Ability to acquire an EOUSA Public Trust-Level 6 EOD Waiver as a result of an SF85P+PS investigation).
- 10 years past experience with modern distributed system architectures, including web services and Windows Server 2016
- 1 year of experience with Object Oriented Programming, Python, C#, VB.net, C++
- 1 year of experience with SQL and/or NoSQL or and/or other types of databases
- 1 Year of experience with TSQL or other database scripting language
- 1 year of experience with Amazon AWS cloud platform
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills for distributed, networked systems, including the use of tools such as WireShark, NMAP, xmlspy and similar
- Knowledge of DoD-specific technical architectures (PAG, DoDAF, or other)
- The ideal candidate will not necessarily deep in all topics, but instead will have broad systems-level understanding of various technical systems and be able to articulate their application and use in engineering distributed systems in order to achieve the mission of the customer.
- 1 Year of advanced reporting (SSRS, PowerBI, Crystal Reports)
- Adjudicated and active Public Trust Level 6 or Top Secret clearance
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top