AWS Solutions Architect
- Reston, VA
Join BAE Systems Intelligence and Security sector and be a part of a team who solves some of the world's most complex challenges. We are looking for an experienced Solutions Architect to join our team. This individual has a passion for building and managing infrastructure and applications at scale and will have familiarity supporting both On-Premises environments and Enterprise-Class cloud platforms. This may include experience working with AWS, Azure, VMware and/or hybrid clouds.
In this role, you will:
- Develop deep expertise in AWS, Azure, and VMware cloud services and architecting solutions on these platforms
- Develop a working relationship with engineering staff to drive solution features and architectures
- Technical degree in computer science or related field.
- 10+ years design/implementation experience with distributed applications
- Technical experience in some of these areas: networking, security, storage, databases, software development.
- Subject matter expert on AWS and/or Azure services
- Extensive Experience with infrastructure/application architecture and cloud migration
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code technologies and solutions
- Experience deploying applications into classified clouds
- Experience with DevOps and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- Good verbal and written communication skills across a range of audiences
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect- Professional
- AWS certification on Advanced Networking or Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top