Avionics System Engineer
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
In Controls & Avionics Solutions (CAS), you will have the opportunity to help define and develop the next generation of avionics - whether it is fly-by-wire flight controls, full authority digital engine controls, or power management. The BAE Systems CAS Business Area is currently looking to hire Senior Principal and Senior Principal II level System Engineers to perform activities such as developing and managing systems level requirements, developing operational systems concepts, originating design concepts, developing algorithms, performing systems level integration/test and assisting in systems validation for complex avionics control systems. An individual at this level should demonstrate the leadership ability to lead small work groups or program teams.
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 12 years of experience in avionics or electronic controls related development, including familiarity with avionic systems (flight controls, actuators, autopilots), interfaces and data buses.
- Experience in full lifecycle development including system requirements and design, system-level integration, validation, and verification.
- Technical writing skills: capable of creating required engineering documentation.
- Experience in integrating electronic equipment including hardware/software.
- Demonstrated experience providing technical leadership.
- Experience with flight critical fly-by-wire Flight Controls, Actuators, Air Data Systems, Pilot Inceptors, Inertial Sensors and/or Autopilot systems.
- 10-15+ years of experience with development of requirements and operational system concepts.
- Working knowledge of model based development of systems and/or software.
- Familiar with data bus protocols (1553B, Arinc 429, RS422/485, AFDX or CDN).
- Experience with development of formal validation and verification procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to lead working groups or program teams.
- Familiar with ARP4754, DO-178B/C and DO-254 or equivalent stringent process requirements.
- Experience with Requirements Management tools (i.e. Doors) and Configuration Management and Problem Reporting tools.
- Knowledgeable of commercial certification objectives and activities.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top