A/V SCA Engineering Technician I
The selected candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Assembles components and sub-assemblies following wire prints, schematics and verbal instruction. Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other and uses hand or power tools to secure parts in place.
2. Mounts assembled components in racks or credenzas. Routes wiring and cabling through assembly from point A to B, according to provided schematics.
3. Assists in mounting equipment in cabinets or on shelves, to be installed in Secured Facilities.
4. Prepares assembly kits from detailed, itemized parts listing including the counting, marking, and verification of parts associated with each kit.
5. Uses visual aids, drawings, verbal and written instructions to prepare A/V systems for delivery and install in CONUS and OCONUS locations.
6. Operates drills, skill saws, reciprocating saws and similar equipment to produce specialized parts, cabinets, and crates required for delivery and installation.
7. Performs initial system checks prior to full system testing.
8. Creates system inventory list after production of the system has been completed and verified.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience High School diploma Required Skills and Education High School diploma
Knowledge and experience with basic hand/power tools
Some wiring/cabling experience
Ability to lift 50 lbs
Ability to differentiate colors in paired cables
Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance Preferred Skills and Education AMX ACE certifications
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top