Autorouter Mid-Level Software Engineer
- San Diego, CA
BAE Systems is seeking a Software Engineer to work on a multi-disciplinary team in an Agile, fast-paced development environment to support the Autorouter program. Autorouter is a set of automatic and interactive decision aids to support complex planning tasks. The qualified candidate will support the development and implementation of automated route generation and mission analysis tools for the overall planning of manned and unmanned Low Observable airframes into both the Unix-based and JMPS-based Mission Planning Environments (MPEs) used by the United States Air Force. This position is located in San Diego, CA.
The primary tasks include the development and maintenance of capabilities across the various Autorouter variants. All tasking, including peer reviews, will be under general direction and supervision:
- The development of C# based graphical user interfaces (GUIs) with some SQL, COM, and XML interaction.
- The creation of unit tests which adequately exercise all new code produced.
- Debugging and analysis of potential integration issues with other software using the Visual Studio Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
- C++ algorithm analysis and application of industry best practice coding standards and design.
- Close interaction with other engineers on the team is required to achieve program objectives. Position may require occasional business travel to customer locations in support of product demonstrations, user training and customer meetings.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Must possess a Secret clearance with ability to secure a Top Secret clearance
- Proficiency with Java, C++, C#
- Experience with RESTful web services, JAX-RS, SOAP-based web services
- Ability to apply Agile Software Engineering practices to achieve various Agile objectives within compressed, iterative development schedules
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and Agile Management and collaboration tools (e.g., Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories and concepts
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in Software Engineering or a related discipline + 2 years' practical experience
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) development experience
- JOMS/NOMS (Open Mission Planning Software) experience
- JMPS (Joint Mission Planning System) / MPE (Mission Planning Environment) Integration experience
- Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaborative environment
- Strong oral and written communications skills
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top