Austin Business Center Program Engineering Manager
The Project Technical manager for a BAE Systems Austin Business Center team will manage all aspects of the design, integration, test, and delivery of EO/IR or countermeasures systems. The position is located in Austin Texas and may require periodic travel to other BAE facilities including Nashua NH.
Job functions include:
- Technical oversight across the full life cycle of EO/IR and countermeasures systems
- Understanding and developing technical discriminators for BAE Systems products
- Leadership of multiple engineering disciplines (Hardware, Software, Systems, and Test Equipment) to meet program cost and schedule
- Coordinate with Program, Operations, and Organizational leadership as required to ensure resources are provided to meet project needs
- Work with government customers and contracting partners
- Plan, mobilize, execute, and manage projects in the $1M-$20M range, typically with a 5-15 person multidisciplinary team
- Ensure engineering team adhere to all aspects of company policy with respect security, safety, export control, and ethics
Local candidates preferred. No relocation. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Requires:
- Bachelors of Science in an Engineering field and 12 years’ experience
- Solid EO/IR and/or countermeasures experience
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute a program
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multi-disciplinary engineering team
- Demonstrated ability to manage program risk and opportunities
- Demonstrated ability achieve customer’s technical objectives while achieving cost and schedule
- Strong communication skills
- Must be eligible for a DoD Secret clearance Preferred Skills and Education – Master’s degree in a relevant technical discipline
- Technical Leadership in the development of EO/IR imaging and/or countermeasures systems
- Experience with US Department of Defense product development.
- Experience with design, development, and field testing EO/IR systems for US DoD or international customers. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top