Austin Business Center Program Engineering Manager
The Project Technical manager for a BAE Systems Austin Business Center team will manage all aspects of the design, integration, test, and delivery of EO/IR or countermeasures systems. The position is located in Austin Texas and may require periodic travel to other BAE Systems facilities including Nashua NH.
Job functions include:
- Technical oversight across the full life cycle of EO/IR and countermeasures systems
- Understanding and developing technical discriminators for BAE Systems products
- Leadership of multiple engineering disciplines (Hardware, Software, Systems, and Test Equipment) to meet program cost and schedule
- Coordinate with Program, Operations, and Organizational leadership as required to ensure resources are provided to meet project needs
- Work with government customers and contracting partners
- Plan, mobilize, execute, and manage projects in the $4M-$20M range, typically with a 5-20 person multidisciplinary team
- Ensure engineering team adhere to all aspects of company policy with respect security, safety, export control, and ethics
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelors of Science in an Engineering field and 15 years' experience
- Experience planning and executing programs $4-$20 million
- Experience leading a multi-disciplinary engineering team of 5-20 people
- Experience managing program risk and opportunities
- Demonstrated ability achieve customer's technical objectives while achieving cost and schedule
- Strong communication skills
- Must be eligible for a DoD Secret clearance
Preferred Skills and Education
- Master's degree in a relevant technical discipline
- Solid EO/IR and/or countermeasures experience
-Technical Leadership in the development of EO/IR imaging and/or countermeasures systems
- Experience with US Department of Defense product development.
- Experience with design, development, and field testing EO/IR systems for US DoD or international customers.
- PMP certification
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top