BAE Systems is in search of a versatile Audio Visual (AV) and Video Teleconference (VTC) Network System Designer with strong market/products knowledge, analytical skills, and creativity to develop and evaluate AV designs and solutions. The position requires interfacing with other technical and non-technical individuals from within the company, other contractors, and government customers. Must have knowledge of audio, video, and control systems, as well as architectural and cabling requirements.
This position is located in scenic and historic Southern Maryland in the St. Mary's County Technology Corridor adjacent to the Patuxent River Naval Air Station.
There is no monetary relocation assistance budgeted for this position. Applicants must be currently residing in or state willingness to relocate self to St. Mary's County, Maryland or surrounding areas.
Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered.
Typical Education & Experience
High school diploma and a minimum of 11 years of related experience
Required Skills and Education
- High school diploma and a minimum of 11 years AV design experience
- Extensive knowledge of AV and VTC components and capabilities
- Well versed with Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Visio, Powerpoint)
- Flexibility to work on several projects concurrently
- Ability to read and understand 2D engineering drawings
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently in developing complex technical solutions
- Active security clearance and the ability to maintain
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in a Technical Discipline
- CTS, CTS-D, CTS-I
- AMX/Crestron Control Systems and Programming
- 2D CAD drawing development (Visio, AutoCAD, Solidworks, or equivalent)
- 3D CAD modeling (Solidworks or equivalent)
- Understanding of Information Assurance (IA) TEMPEST and ICD 705 considerations and requirements
- Knowledge of building construction methods and materials
- Prior Military, DoD, or IC experience
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top