ATN GMP Production Machin (Vc)
BAE Systems Platforms and Services is seeking a 3rd Shift Production Machinist to support their Combat Vehicles site in Anniston, AL.
Sets up and operates a variety of equipment for machining of materials and parts to specifications.
- Sets up production equipment such as, but not limited to, mills, lathes, grinders, vertical machining centers, drills, gear shaper and broaches for the production of new difficult recurring work in machining of materials and parts to blueprint specifications. Operates equipment such as, but not limited to, fixtures and Jigs, gear shaper and stencil machine.
- Operates production equipment such as, but not limited to, the above in 1 in the machining of parts material to specifications, changing .tools as required to maintain tolerance. Holds tolerance to tenths of thousands as required. Uses standard and precision measuring instruments such as height and depth gages, micrometer, scales, tapes, calipers, dial indicators, basic hand tools.
- Must be able to edit (G- Code) CNC programming and use tool offsets when necessary.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Uses a full range of material handling equipment such as forklifts in moving materials or parts to and from machine tables.
- Guides, directs, and instructs lower classified employees
- Performs related work and work of lower classifications as required.
- Use SPC on certain job applications also reads blue prints and works with job work order packets maintains high quality standards.
- Works under general supervision, receiving assistance from higher classified employees when warranted.
- Performs basic preventive maintenance on equipment.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top