Associate Buyer for Integrated Supply Program
Responsible for purchasing commodities to support the BAE Systems supply chain. Handles the procurement of material in support of manufacturing operations for government contracts. Performs the necessary vendor quotes and services, selects the best value source of supply in support of manufacturing operations, and compiles the required documentation and analysis. Performs a variety of tasks within Supply Chain, and works under general supervision of management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the management of Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) program and agreements, in order to effectively support production operations.
- Prepares and issues Request for Quote (RFQ). Incorporates technical, quality, contractual and schedule requirements properly into RFQ.
- Responsible for the management of suppliers to ensure: prompt closeout of completed orders, total supplier quality and delivery performance at the best value, for total supplier performance throughout the life cycle of procured materials and services. Travel as required to monitor and maintain total supplier management.
- Performs necessary reviews and audits with suppliers as needed.
- Establishes blanket purchase orders and long term agreements with suppliers for commodities. Participate in the strategy development and execution of such agreements to support the respective commodity team.
- Performs negotiations when a fair or reasonable price cannot be determined by adequate competition, or for single/sole source procurement. Analyzes and considers various factors such as: cost, price, schedule, quality and other applicable terms and conditions when determining sources of supply.
- Prepares and processes materials within required time frame to meet schedule and coordinate execution activities with related departments.
- Coordinates with other functional areas to incorporate value adding changes and technical advances into existing products and in the development of new products.
- Prepares and reviews compliant purchase orders/subcontract files.
- Solves routine problems of limited scope and complexity following established policies and procedures.
- Identifies and develops suppliers, including Small Business (SB), Small Disadvantaged Business (SBD), and Women Owned Business (WOB), Hub-Zone, Veteran, Service-Disabled Veteran Businesses.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
- Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Understands the standard concepts, practices, and procedures associated with a Supply Chain organization.
- Capable of utilizing a certain degree of creativity for problem-solving solutions and process improvements.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Sound interpersonal skills used when interfacing, coordinating, and negotiating with company personnel, customers, and suppliers.
- Ability to use computers to prepare appropriate reports and documents.
- Ability to make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ability to develop/demonstrate research and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with internal and external customers.
- Courtesy and tact for the exchanging of information within the department and project team.
- Selects appropriate alternative sources of information and utilize them to evaluate situations, with supervision.
- Strong critical thinking skills in a fast paced multi-tasking environment
- Ability to juggle multiple #1 priorities
- Strong Written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Skills and Education -Prefer experience with relevant applications in a defense environment
- Ability to read and/or interpret drawings, models, schematics in order to communicate with suppliers
- Negotiation skills and experience
- Lean Supply Chain and Vendor Management Inventory (VMI) experience
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Software
- Prior Buying experience
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top