Asset Mgmt Spec Sr
Works under general direction and guidance of the Department Manager/Supervisor and is responsible for all planning and scheduling of manufactured parts through a CMMS and Purchasing applications, for the maintenance organization. Provides direction to Tool Crib Personnel. Familiar with a variety of the organizational concepts, practices, and procedures, as well as, a complete understanding of material planning and control. Identifies, purchases and organizes key spare parts for critical equipment. Maintains sufficient inventory to support manufacturing and site needs. Evaluates and arranges agreements with outside vendors for custom built items and long lead parts. This position relies on experience and judgment to organize, plan and accomplish department objectives.
Experience managing an industrial/maintenance department tool crib highly desirable
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Reviews and analyzes input form Maintenance Work Orders, Maintenance Supervisors, vendors, Engineers and technicians to fully understand internal customer requests and needs. Orders materials for work orders, preventative task and activities within the maintenance and facilities departments.
2. The position will act as primary contact for fulfilling parts and material for the maintenance organization, ensuring critical equipment has sufficient replacement materials.
3. Initiates activities required to fulfill customer expectations to include creating part masters, creating/manipulating BOM/Order bills, developing/initiating part acquisition and control strategies.
3. Reviews/analyzes CMMS/MRP/Purchasing systems and other output reports to determine material requirements, Approves/releases valid replenishment orders in a timely manner resulting in a steady/level flow to the maintenance department and manufacturing.
4. Establishes valid part order policies, modifier, safety stock, issue codes and commodity codes as applicable; ensures applicable information is correctly assigned in Product Structure file.
5. Evaluates component lead-times compatible with the material management system; resolves out-of-sync lead-times with manufacturing.
6. Prevents anticipated shortages by utilizing shortage report and simulated pick lists; takes action required to clear part shortages, (i.e. expediting, material transfers, substitutions, etc.)
7. Acts as primary for expediting parts for down equipment or systems. Coordinating delivery with internal resources to ensure timely response to down equipment.
7. Monitors and maintains order due dates to ensure validity. Re-negotiates due date expectations with internal customers to ensure on time delivery of product.
8. Works with maintenance planning and scheduling to supply materials for machines/work center repairs and preventative maintenance to maximize throughput, resource utilization, maintenance labor efficiencies, and/or service level. Will act as librarian for machine information and manual library. Will be part of transition team to move this to electronic format.
9. Participates in the development and establishment of project material strategies in order to maintain minimum inventory investment by maximizing turns as well as prudent planning during contract start-ups and change implementation; utilizes available resources to identify situations that will reduce excess/obsolete inventory.
10. Coordinates and maintains “as-built” configuration through the use of appropriate change management tools. Including maintaining drawings files and specific information required to support older or obsolete equipment. Will work directly with vendors of new equipment to ensure sufficient spare parts and critical machine information are maintained.
11. Plays a key role in the material planning for maintenance and facilities organization.
12. Interfaces frequently and directly with Maintenance, Procurement, Engineering Support and Manufacturing as well as other plant personnel to acquire components.
13. Upon request, retrieves computer download files and development spreadsheets for performing “what if” analysis and compiling data in support of business/material decisions.
15. Provides up-to-date KPI data and act as key resource for analyzing and recommending necessary corrective actions.
16. Facilitate continuous improvement with respect to material flow process, spare parts and manufacturing supplies.
19. Complies with company safety policies and maintain a safe work environment and adheres to company code of business ethics in performing job duties.
20. Performs other duties as necessary.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top