- York, PA
BAE Systems Combat Vehicles in York, Pennsylvania is hiring to fill Assembler I openings. Positons are available on 2nd shift (2:30 PM-11:00 PM). The Assembler I is responsible to drive, test, assemble and sub-assemble components. I ndividuals should be able to rebuild various hydraulic, mechanical and drive train components in a manufacturing environment. The Assembler I position is required to make adjustments, align bore of gun tube, install and remove cab/turret subassemblies. They are responsible to drive vehicles to conform with contractual requirements and makes repairs or adjustments on mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems. Should be able to read drawings and work instructions while also being able to take direction from a lead or Manager.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Individuals must be able to demonstrate the following abilities:
- Perform repairs and/or adjustments as needed.
- They must have the ability to safely use assembly fixtures and production shop aids.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be a critical thinker
- Operate and use hand tools and test equipment such as digital meters, torque wrenches, portable platforms, material handling equipment, etc....
- Ability to use a computer to input necessary and required information.
- Receive and follow directions from the lead, supervisor or Manager
- Read drawings and work instructions
- Establish US personship
Knowledge of assemblies and sub-assemblies a plus
Knowledge of Electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems.
Ability to drive and operate vehicles and test equipment
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top