ASE Sr Principal Investigator
If you are an innovative, experienced, and motivated engineer who loves to pioneer new technology through research and development, BAE Systems has a unique career opportunity for you. We are seeking a talented individual to lead Internal Research and Development projects.
- Advanced Solutions Engineering (ASE) at BAE Systems drives advanced research and development efforts using technologies such as cloud computing, machine learning, and cybersecurity to address our customers' most pressing problems in the domain of geospatial intelligence.
- We embrace change, anticipate evolving technologies, and collaborate with universities and research labs to develop engineering discriminators and acquire new business opportunities.
- As a Senior Principal Investigator, you will be empowered to lead IR&D projects consisting of highly dedicated, bright engineers. You will have the opportunity to promote innovation and design novel solutions. You will assess complex program missions, user needs, and operational objectives to identify capability gaps and drive the development of their solutions.
- You will engage with cross-functional teams including engineering, business development, program management, and operations to support new business captures and proposals in shaping technical solutions and requirements.
- You will apply your in-depth knowledge and experience of highly sophisticated software applications and steer your team's technical design and development decisions.
- As a member of ASE, you will work across many US DoD and IC mission areas and interface with customers and senior leadership of applicable programs.
- BAE Systems has a long history of delivering innovative and advanced technical solutions for the United States DoD and Intelligence Communities. We are looking for an experienced leader to advance and demonstrate our capabilities to address our customers new and emerging needs.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
-Ability to innovate, evaluate and research new technologies while staying abreast of industry trends.
-Ability to effectively lead and manage a team of engineers in a fast-paced environment through all phases of the project lifecycle to include planning, execution, and reporting.
-Ability to mentor a multi-disciplinary team of engineers to innovate engineering discriminators ranging from concept generation to prototypes.
-Experience in preparing project cost-estimates and managing projects to completion within budget and schedule constraints.
-The ability to engage constructively with peers and with all levels of management to communicate the technical approach, trade-offs, and technical decisions.
-Demonstrated experience achieving results through proactive collaboration outside of the organization.
-Understanding and application of modern software development and systems engineering practices, design principles, techniques, and technologies.
-Bachelor degree in relevant field.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Knowledge of DoD acquisition and familiarity with Government RFPs and RFIs.
- Experience with software-based systems for Geospatial Intelligence.
- Ability to identify funding opportunities and engage potential funding resources.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to describe complex technical solutions through effective graphics and clear, succinct writing.
- Recent experience working with DoD or Intelligence Community customers.
- Active or recent TS/SCI clearance
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top