ASE Solution Architect
If you consider yourself a software visionary with deep interest and experience in enterprise software architecture, we want you on our team. BAE Systems is looking for an individual to drive innovation and design leading edge software solutions for Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) complex and dynamic challenges today and tomorrow.
Advance Solutions Engineering (ASE) at BAE Systems drives advanced research and development efforts to address our customers most pressing problems.
We embrace change, anticipate evolving technologies, and collaborate with universities and research labs to develop engineering discriminators and pursue new business opportunities.
As a Solution Architect, you will analyze customer needs, requirements, and operational objectives to define and recommend an enterprise software solution with performance, scalability, and concurrency requirements. You will apply your in-depth knowledge of enterprise capabilities such as cloud computing, micro services, content management, data analytics, modern software platforms, and multiple systems integration.
You will collaborate with business development, program areas, finance, and engineering teams through all phases of new business capture and proposal development to guide engineering team to develop a technical solution in response to customer requirements.
As a member of ASE, you will work with all US DoD mission areas and their respective programs. BAE Systems has a long history of delivering innovative and advanced technical solutions for the United States Armed Forces and Intelligence Community. We are looking for an experienced leader to advance and demonstrate our capabilities to address our customers new and emerging needs.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Recent, relevant experience architecting and implementing enterprise software solutions
- Ability to innovate, evaluate and research into new technologies, stay abreast of industry trends
- Experience in modernizing large enterprise software application
- Good written communication skills, including the ability to describe complex technical solutions through effective graphics and clear, succinct writing
- The ability to engage constructively with peers and with all levels of management to communicate the technical approach, trade-offs, and technical decisions
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team under tight deadlines
- Software estimation skills including systems with significant OSS and COTS integration
- Knowledge of government contracting and familiarity with Government requirements.
- Bachelor degree in relevant field
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with DoD acquisition and contracting process
- Experience with pre-sales technical engagements for complex software-based system.
- Understanding of modern software development practices, design principles, and technologies
- Recent experience working with DoD or Intelligence Community customers
- Active or recent TS/SCI clearance
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top