ASE Senior Software Developer
If you are a technology driven individual who loves to create cutting edge software, this is the career opportunity for you. The Advanced Solutions Engineering (ASE) directorate is responsible for conducting innovative research and development to provide discriminating capabilities to the Business Areas. We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to investigate, design, develop and install software solutions in support of various research and development projects.
As a Software Engineer in ASE, you will work the full software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to development and testing. Ultimately, the role of the Software Engineer is to apply best engineering practices to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with 6 years of actual work experience
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer performing full lifecycle software development
- Knowledge of software design patterns and expert ability to develop software in Java programming language
- Experience with test-driven development
- Proficiency in software engineering tools (Jira, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, etc.)
- Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Strong oral and written communications skills
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience developing software applications/services in content management, analytics, mission planning, or data mining.
- Experience developing software applications/services in machine learning utilizing at least one popular machine learning framework (TensorFlow, SparkML, Amazon Machine Learning-AML, etc.)
- Experience in developing software in Python, R, or Scala
- Familiarity with Cloud computing systems, such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform or MS Azure and corresponding microservice and serverless (Lambda) application designs.
- Experience developing software applications/services for the Department of Defense or the Intelligence Community.
- Experience developing software utilizing an Agile methodology (i.e. SCRUM)
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top