ASE Proposal Architect
The New Business Engineering Proposal Architect supports new business captures and proposals by leading the development of technical proposals for complex software-based systems. The Proposal Architect works with our customers, business development, program areas, contracts, finance, estimating, and engineering teams through all phases of new business capture and proposal development. A key requirement of this position is the ability to develop and document comprehensive, cost effective technical proposals while meeting internal review milestones. Candidates must be able to rapidly understand US DoD mission areas, customer needs, and acquisition regulations while developing proposal baselines.
Tasks include: Develop and document Technical Proposal Baselines from a comprehensive understanding of customer needs and operational objectives, acquisition regulations, consideration of technical alternatives, and evaluation of cost and benefit trade-offs. Clearly communicate our technical offering and guide the proposal team. Estimate and justify software development effort. Guide and support proposal development through storyboards, graphics, section outlining, and writing
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Recent, relevant experience designing technical and management solutions for proposed complex software systems.
- Software estimation skills including systems with significant OSS and COTS integration.
- Systems engineering skills including requirements decomposition, allocation, and tracking.
- Good written communication skills, including the ability to describe complex technical solutions through effective graphics and clear, succinct writing.
- The ability to engage constructively with peers and with all levels of management to communicate the technical approach, trade-offs, and technical decisions.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of government acquisition, contracting, and Government RFPs and RFIs.
- Bachelor degree in relevant field.
- US citizen with the ability to obtain a security TS/SCI clearance.
- Experience with DoD acquisition and contracting process
- Experience with pre-sales technical engagements for complex software-based systems.
- Understanding of modern software development practices, design principles, and technologies.
- Recent experience working with DoD or Intelligence Community customers.
- Active or recent TS/SCI clearance.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top