ARMS - Facility Engineering Lead
The Engineering Lead for the Advanced Programs team will works under the direction of the Advanced Programs Manager to, design, maintain, and improve facilities, plant systems, and equipment for the ARMS program at RFAAP.
This position is project focused and a strong candidate is able to evaluate facility conditions, develop design criteria and comprehensive statements of work, help define acquisition strategies and support the procurement process, manage pre-bid meetings, and provide necessary technical inputs for successful project proposals. Furthermore, the successful candidate will support the Project Manager in the execution of projects, reviewing engineering submittals, troubleshooting technical problems, performing field verification of technical milestones, and various other monitoring and controlling functions.
Such project efforts will include but are not limited to structural maintenance and improvements, office improvements, HVAC equipment, boilers, chillers, paint systems, controls, plumbing, electrical distribution, energy savings, equipment specification, installation and validation.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Clearly present the needs and benefits of proposed projects, then accurately define and specify the requirements for acquisition
- Successfully bid technical requirements and select the best value solution
- Support the Project Manager in cost estimating, financial budgeting, oversight, project implementation, coordination, and overall management from inception through completion.
- Effectively work with a broad range of stakeholders, including customers, tenants, contractors, and BAE Systems functional departments
- Serve as an in-house engineering expert for all Advanced Programs technical requirements
- Help ensure the safety and reliability of Advanced Programs initiatives across all life-cycle phases
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor's Degree and 4 years relevant work experience or equivalent education and experience.
Experience working on facility projects in an industrial environment.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Auto CAD proficiency.
Preferred Skills and Education
Facility Engineering experience desired.
Completion of a recognized Facilities Certification program such as IFMA CFM, BOMA or FMP would be beneficial.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top