Armorer (Asymmetric Warfare Group )
BAE Systems is looking for an Armorer, to maintain and repair weapons, optics, and accessory devices at the Fort George G. Meade Facility. There are small arms weapons, crew serve weapons, foreign weapons and hosted agencies weapons that are used that would need unscheduled maintenance.
The position will require expertise, support, and assistance with the following:
- Provide instruction to AWG members on small arms related topics.
- Provide weapons repair tech support during scheduled AWG ranges at Fort Meade, MD.
- Perform sustainment level repairs to firearms and firearm related equipment to include fitting and gauging barrels, adjusting headspace, hand-fitting parts, and adjusting sights.
- Perform annual inspection/gauging and unscheduled weapons maintenance on weapon systems of varying calibers and capabilities.
- In conjunction with AWG Government personnel, perform technical and mechanical analysis or evaluation of newly developed or experimental weapons, body armor, and other military equipment and report results to AWG Government personnel.
- Apply mathematical formulas to compute ballistic performance grafts.
- Research and review manuals, articles, guidelines, blueprints, sketches, and professional/technical publications to remain professionally proficient.
- Travel to Fort A.P. Hill facility (AWTC) approximately 5 days per month to provide back-up armament support as needed.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Armorer or maintainer Certification by any major firearms company is required.
- Basic or advanced emergency medical training certification (EMT, American Red Cross First Responder, or Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC)) is required.
Preferred Skills and Education A gunsmith degree from an accredited civilian institution is desirable. About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top