Armies Fires Liaison
BAE Systems is seeking a self-motivated and experienced candidate to support the Standoff Munitions Application Center (SMAC). SMAC supports the Joint Force Air Component Commander (JFACC) by optimizing efficiency and combat effectiveness of High Demand Low Density (HD/LD) global strike and theater standoff munitions. This position is located at the government SMAC facility at Barksdale Air Force Base, located near Bossier City, LA.
The Army Fires liaison will formulate USA/USMC long range artillery and multiple launch rocket systems strategy and future employment visions for the DoD. They will liaise with COCOM USA and USMC units in all aspects of long range artillery and multiple launch rocket systems execution and training in support of all combatant commanders
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Bachelor’s degree in Technical, Engineering, or Computer Information Systems related degree required or equivalent related military work experience (United States Army [USA] or United States Marine Corp [USMC]).
- At least one year of specialized experience conducting long-range artillery and multiple launch rocket system operations, testing, training principles, concepts, directives, practices, tactics, and techniques.
- Participation in combatant command exercises or operations. Real world contingency experience is highly desired.
- Experience supporting operations within classified environments to include SIPRNet and JWICS.
- Demonstrated proficiency using unclassified Non-Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNet) and classified SIPRNet network enterprise environments
- Demonstrated knowledge of USA and/or USMC principles, concepts, directives, practices, analytical methods and techniques and seasoned consultative skill sufficient to resolve internal problems not susceptible to treatment by standard methods.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods for assessment and improvement of DoD long range artillery and multiple launch rocket system operations.
- Knowledge of overall performance factors for long range artillery and multiple launch rocket systems and maintains physical/mental ability to sustain 24/7 surge operations, if required, for operational missions and exercises.
- In-depth knowledge of the various Command entities involved in overall planning and execution of joint operations and evaluations.
- Knowledge of training and instructional methods to teach mission planning and mission planning software.
- Ability to plan, organize, and negotiate effectively with senior analysts and management to accept and implement recommendations, where proposals involve substantial resources and require extensive changes in established concepts and procedures.
- Self-starter with ability to multitask.
- Team player with a proactive attitude.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
Preferred Skills and Education – Completion of a formal Army Field Artillery course and the USA Fires Center of Excellence or equivalent. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top