The Customer Technical Solutions team at Advanced GEOINT Systems (AGS) provides on-site installation, customization, support and training for the various GXP Platform, desktop and mobile products in environments ranging from traditional desktop to cloud based implementations. You will be required to conduct software demonstrations at trade shows, conferences and customer sites. You will also be responsible for providing incident management, problem management, and technical support for the customer environments while working closely with internal and external customers, internal support personnel, product testing, and engineering.
As a member of the Customer Technical Solutions team, you will:
- work with members of our software, support and test teams, product managers, and customers to integrate, configure, and apply intelligence processing, exploitation, and dissemination (PED) products,
- develop strong relationships with key customer technical personnel to ensure customer satisfaction and grow our business,
- become an expert in configuring and applying our products and provide customer feedback to product managers and the development teams.
- assist with training material development
The Geospatial eXploitation Products (GXP®) business provides licensed software capabilities and geospatial technology R&D. GXP's ability to draw on internal data production and technology expertise has allowed it to deliver superior products to the user community. GXP often finds ways to improve software implementation through user conferences and regional workshops, where important feedback and insight is gathered from customers.
GXP commercial software, GXP Xplorer®, GXP WebView®, SOCET GXP®, and SOCET SET® provide customers with comprehensive image and video analysis, data management and geospatial production capabilities, and state-of-the art sensor-data processing and analytics technologies, providing compact and scalable solutions to challenging problems in areas of video analytics, sensor data processing, computer vision, and machine learning . These products serve government and civil customers' needs for photogrammetry, mapping, GIS, image exploitation, precision targeting, GEOINT (geospatial intelligence), MOVINT (motion intelligence), 3-D visualization, simulation and mission planning.
- Treating customers, fellow employees, stakeholders, and partners with respect and dignity at all times.
- Shows sincere commitment and adherence to all Corporate Compliance issues.
- Humble attitude about knowledge limitations, know when to ask for help.
- Ability to knowledge share among team members, across partnered functions and the customer so that cases can continue with the utmost drive to a solution.
- Have your peer's backs so that customers experience the same level of integrity regardless of whom they are working with.
- Learn from one another. Take the time to learn a new product.
- Demonstrate leadership in your actions.
- Participating in maintaining an organized, clean, and safe work environment.
- Self-discipline, the ability to prioritize tasks, and a detail-oriented working style.
- Planning and managing projects without supervision.
- Ability to learn from experience and informal/formal instruction.
- Adopt a strategy of continuous improvement.
- In addition to having remarkable core IT skills, the Systems Integration Engineer must have customer focus in their DNA and do whatever it takes to achieve outstanding results for our customers.
- Have a positive attitude, self-motivation, and a results-oriented approach to business.
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, evaluates alternatives including cost, risk, supportability and analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions. Translates customer requirements into hardware/software specifications.
Responsibilities will include installation and testing our solutions within the customer environment, to include: back end services, front end services, web applications, mobile applications, and improving the overall quality of our products. You will be required to analyze, test and verify the implementation of the functional and non-functional requirements of a cloud-based distributed system .
- Submit defect reports and enhancement requests via JIRA.
- Participate in Product Test activities.
- Collaboratively work with Customer Technical Solutions team to resolve or diagnose customer issues.
- Provide problem management by taking ownership of repeating incidents, researching root cause and resolving problem.
- Understanding, applying, and communicating the technology concepts and implementations of our products.
- Participating as a customer advocate in the engineering development process.
- Contributing to the development of customer support material such as technical manuals, application briefs, and product data sheets as needed.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering or another related field or at least four years of additional experience in lieu of a degree. Strong analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent attention to detail, design, and user experience awareness.
- Ability to work well in a very dynamic, fast moving environment with high expectations.
- Flexibility in adjusting to variable workload and job duties.
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision.
- Proficiency with virtual servers (HyperV and VMware).
- Experience installing, running, and troubleshooting software in Windows.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills to diagnose issues at system level, including Windows/Linux operating system, SQL Server, web services and application integration.
- Software diagnosis and troubleshooting
- A valid passport and the ability to travel domestically or internationally
- U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED. Candidates selected for some positions will be subjected to a government security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Preferred Skills and Education
- SOCET GXP
- GXP Xplorer
- CITRIX XenServer / XenDesktop
- VMWare VSphere, Horizon
- NVIDIA GRID
- Comfortable with presentations and speaking in front of large groups
- Multi-source processing, exploitation, and dissemination workflows.
- Experience in providing software technical support
- Experience working with multiple OS types (Windows, Linux, OSX) and versions of SQL database configuration, optimization, and administration (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Networking and networking protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, RDP)
- Multi-source processing, exploitation, and dissemination workflows
- Full-motion video (FMV) sensors, formats, codecs, and protocols
- Storage, retrieval, and streaming of video streams
- Familiarity with OGC standards, such as WMS, WMTS, and WFS.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top