Application and Database Specialist
Utilizes one or in combination with the following Microsoft Azure tools: System Center Configuration Manger (SCCM), Service Center Operations Manager (SCOM) and Operations Management Suite (OMS)
- Supports Windows and Linux based environments for GOT, COTS, custom and mobile applications across development, testing and production for, physical, hybrid and cloud based solutions.
- Assures Service level, Application, database and network performance troubleshooting and restoration of application and database service levels. Supports Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, NoSQL, Big Data (Drupal, Hadoop) and open databases products.
- Responses to Service Event and Alert Management of application and databases.
- Maintains and collects Environment performance metrics analysis and reporting.
- Uses Dashboard Monitor and analysis of application and database log analytics and telemetry.
- Monitors database and application resource usage, and performance monitoring to avoid service disruption.
- Leads incident and problem monitoring, response and reporting via Remedy.
- Leads database and application environment engineering, hosting design, configuration.
- Performs change Log tracking and administration.
- Provides Tier II Help Desk support for service restoration.
- Provides Tier III vendor coordination for service restoration.
- Originates and maintains required technical documentation.
- Supports continuous deployment with DevOPS tools, planning and agile processes and thinking.
- Support ISO 20000 and ITIL processes.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Service level management experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot network performance issues with Applications and Databases
- Oracle support experience
- above average skills with Microsoft products
- Experience with the following: SQL Server, Oracle, NoSQL, Big Data (Drupal, Hadoop) and open databases products.
- Able to produce performance metrics analysis and reports
- ITSM management experience
- Database and application development
- Tier II and III helpdesk support
- Technical guide development experience
Preferred Skills and Education
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top