Anti-Jam GPS Technology Subject Matter Expert
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®."
Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
BAE Systems, Precision Guidance and Sensing Solutions Product Line within the Survivability, Targeting and Sensing Solutions Business Area is looking for an Anti-Jam GPS technologist to provide technical oversight and experience into the design, development, integration, evaluation and testing of precision guidance anti-jam GPS systems. This candidate will help champion the technical direction of the product line. The candidate will be leading senior engineers in architecting complex solutions for precision munitions.
This role may be staffed in our southern New Hampshire location or in our new and expanding facilities in Huntsville, Alabama.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating with Product Line Chief Engineer in identifying applications of current or future technologies and products to existing or new customers.
- Defining product architectures, supporting trade studies and requirements definition.
- Working with other engineering disciplines to assist with product design and development.
- Supporting Customer technical meetings to include SRR, PDR, CDR and TIMs.
- Review of integration and test activities and work products.
- Lead investigations in how BAE Systems can most affordably offer potential solutions. Having a strong technical understanding of our offering, he/she can appropriately offer the "right" solution for the end user.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Active Secret clearance required.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, or Computer Science
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The candidate should enjoy problem solving and have the ability to produce concrete results despite significant ambiguities in the problem space.
- Experience in designing solutions for Missile Systems and Guided Projectiles.
- Experience in the area of systems engineering.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership and other engineering disciplines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customer and user community.
- Developing requirements in response to customer operational needs and maturing operational concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; a highly motivated self-starter.
- Master's Degree and 15 years of experience in guided weapons development.
- 15+ years of experience, Weapons Systems Design, Missile Systems Design, or Weapons Systems Performance Analysis.
- 15+ years of demonstrated experience in the area of systems engineering.
- 15+ years of experience in technology development in precision targeting and guidance system.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top